PDA

View Full Version : Random checks from gambling sites. Report them?

dangerfish
07-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I just got 20k in 2k checks from Bodog and they are all from random people. I keep perfect records of all my winnings but am I the only one reporting these types of payouts? Any thoughts?

Thx in advance.

DING-DONG YO
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
It doesn't matter if you get 20K checks from 20K people for $1 each. If it is a check, then you have to cash it which will create a paper trail.

You're doing the right thing by reporting it.

Rainbow Warrior
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Report them to who??

yahboohoo
07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got 20k in 2k checks from Bodog and they are all from random people.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused: Did you get the checks from Bodog? Or from people you don't know? Are they made out in your name? Could you sign them and cash them?

dangerfish
07-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the advice. I obviously know I should be reporting every dime I make playing poker but it's really tempting when I get these little 2k checks in bunches to just take them to a check cashing service and bypass my bank. I think I'll stick to my usual plan of winning online while dumping it all back at commerce. Knowone seems to have a problem with that.

jkpoker
07-27-2007, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice. I obviously know I should be reporting every dime I make playing poker but it's really tempting when I get these little 2k checks in bunches to just take them to a check cashing service and bypass my bank. I think I'll stick to my usual plan of winning online while dumping it all back at commerce. Knowone seems to have a problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could be in more trouble if you got audited because they are in small checks if you did not report them.

NickMPK
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
What do you mean you got checks from random people? Do you mean they were issued to you by mistake?

Assuming they are actually legally issued to you, it still sounds like you are asking for advice on whether you should commit tax fraud or not.

yahboohoo
07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
EDIT: Couldn't make link work. Post deleted.