PDA

View Full Version : Adding some deception to your strategy

TheSauce
07-26-2007, 07:09 PM
First i'd like to say this may be too vague of a question without specific examples, i'm not sure. Also, i only play 10NL right now but have put in a total of about 60K hands at the micros and established a strong winrate. My question is, what are some basic strategies for adding an element of deception to your game. Right now, i basically rase tight from EP and looser in the CO and OTB. I cbet most flops heads up whether i hit or miss. If i flop a big hand like a set i almost always bet around pot on flop, looking for action. This seems to work ok, however when i'm cbetting alot i seem to get played back at after awhile and this can put me in some difficult spots with good but marginal hands. I know ABC is pretty much the way to go at the micro's but is there any advice out there that might help me add in a few twists or variations in playing hands like TPTK, strong draws or sets as i move up in limits. Thanks for any suggestions.

Antinome
07-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I like to wear a wig and speak in a falsetto.

(too vague)

prodonkey
07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
deception is like hotsauce

Rednas
07-26-2007, 07:42 PM
If you can play solid ABC poker and can read hands a little bit, you don't have to worry about deception for a long time.

myammy
07-26-2007, 07:45 PM
i used to add deception but i've found at 25nl and 50nl it's a lot easier to play nitty and 9 table. adding deception is really unnecessary.