PDA

View Full Version : Question on the turn...

MicK412
01-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Both of my opponents in this hand are decent players (25/8 ish). My question is on the turn and possibly river. On this hand, I checked the turn when I would normally have bet had my hand had fewer outs. In this situation, I am probably behind on the turn though, although drawing very live. Correct play or no?

Also, when the river misses me, anyone looking up SB here?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Brash620
01-05-2006, 03:20 AM
I bet the turn. You've got a big draw at this point. I give you 15 outs so your at the break even point for equity. If you're lucky enough you can win the hand right here if not you may get the option of a free showdown.

x2ski
01-05-2006, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On this hand, I checked the turn when I would normally have bet had my hand had fewer outs. In this situation, I am probably behind on the turn though, although drawing very live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that? Your opponents have yet to indicate that you are behind.

Bet the turn.

Elevens
01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Bet/call the turn. You still have a ton of outs here to be aggressive.

Check/fold the river. EDIT: UI.

EDIT: Even if you get raised on the turn, you can safely 3-bet this.

Joe Boever
01-05-2006, 12:55 PM
I bet the turn, and if called check the river UI

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Blä! This really stinks. You think we have equity here?

Elevens
01-05-2006, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Blä! This really stinks. You think we have equity here?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the point of turn, yes I do.

You have a flush draw - 9 outs.

You have an gutshot draw - 3.5 outs (a Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif completes a different flush diamonds an a Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif gives you a flush).

You have two overcards about 1.5 outs each.

That's 15.5 outs, unless I'm counting wrong.

EDIT: I can see already that you can decrease this by a bit because a pairing of any card on the board opens up a FH possibilty for someone else, however I still think a 3-bet is a viable option.

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have an gutshot draw - 3.5 outs (a Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif completes a different flush diamonds an a Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif gives you a flush).

[/ QUOTE ]
Type-o?

[ QUOTE ]
You have two overcards about 1.5 outs each.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is counting pretty generous if we're getting check/raised by a decent player on the turn.

Flushdraw: 9 outs
Gut-shot: 3 outs (I'm genrous counting them full..)
Overs: 2 outs (and compensate by being a little pesimistic here...)
Total: ~14 outs

(14/46) = ~30%

So even if we KNOW both players will call this 3-bet isn't for value. Sometimes 1 of them will fold making it massively -EV. Besides I like just calling the turn to be able to raise the river when I hit and have ~95% equity instead of 3-betting the turn when I have ~30% and only get to go in with 1BB on the river.