PDA

View Full Version : new to stud8, how's this

Conte
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.04/$0.08), Ante $0.01 (converter (http://www.andyblackwood.com/converter.html))

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (5.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street - (5.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

6th Street - (5.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

River - (7.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

Total pot: (7.88 BB)

chillrob
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
I would have just called on 4th street. While you have a nice looking hand, I would think it might be worth keeping the others in the pot. However, it did get you a free card on 5th street, which is good, so I can't say it was a big error.

2461Badugi
07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Good hand. I don't like bringing in full, but I consider that more of a style thing.

Andy B
07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't bring it in for a full bet very often, and some of these nits will tell you that you should never bring it in full. In this case in particular, there is an Ace to your immediate left. People with Aces in the door tend to raise a fair amount. If this guy faces the field with two bets, you may get a lot of folders, and you're really looking for callers. Perhaps at nano-limits you'll get action anyway.

On fourth, your raise is likely to shut people out, and I'd want to tie them on. Fifth, sixth, and seventh all look pretty standard.

2461Badugi
07-24-2007, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't bring it in for a full bet very often, and some of these nits will tell you that you should never bring it in full.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time coming up with a situation in which I would bring in full in a full Hi/Lo game. There's just too much value in people thinking you must be FOS board-betting because you're the bringin.

This may be because I do a fair amount of FOS board-betting anyway, though.