PDA

View Full Version : A standard play for you 2+2ers.

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 02:49 AM
(Live)

This table is still pretty new (ie started up about 2 orbits ago).

My friend told me that BB is a decent player and he seems to be correct so far.

Button is a young Carribean guy with long dreds. He's wearing a baseball cap with a flattened brim and aviator sunglasses. He seems pretty loose and somewhat aggressive. I've seen him limp in ep with unsuited connectors and suited crap.

The limpers don't seem to be particularly good, but no real reads yet.

Brantford 5/10 (9-handed)

Hero is MP3 with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 1 fold, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, 1 fold, <font color="red">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (15.5 sb) 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB bets, MP2 folds, Hero ...

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 11:29 AM
bump bump bump

Gravy
01-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Folds. 16.5:1, not closing the action, drawing to two outs except on the slim chance that BB has AKs, and you're liable to find yourself trapped for another bet or two (or three) on the flop.

I don't like mucking overpairs but given your reads I think this is a good place for it.

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folds. 16.5:1, not closing the action, drawing to two outs except on the slim chance that BB has AKs, and you're liable to find yourself trapped for another bet or two (or three) on the flop.

I don't like mucking overpairs but given your reads I think this is a good place for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a raise or fold situation. Since we're way behind/slightly ahead I prefer folding. If I knew Button was 3-betting a wide range and that BB was always capping AK I would raise, but I don't.

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a raise or fold situation. Since we're way behind/slightly ahead I prefer folding. If I knew Button was 3-betting a wide range and that BB was always capping AK I would raise, but I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

A fellow 2+2er argued a call instead of a raise should you choose to continue. His reasoning was that raising does nothing to protect your hand, so you should wait until the turn. Upon futher discussion, we both decided that a fold was better than a call, because you can easily risk getting taken for a multi-bet ride before dirting a 9 on the turn.

I'm finding it interesting that you said raise. Although you prefer folding, what would be your plan if raising? I'm thinking call a 3-bet or fold to a cap...

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm finding it interesting that you said raise. Although you prefer folding, what would be your plan if raising? I'm thinking call a 3-bet or fold to a cap...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. And if I get 3-betted on the flop I will fold the turn UI.

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn?

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definately not hu. But if there's a decent risk I'm getting raised or if there are 3+ opponents along to the turn. Against 2 callers I'm probably calling closing the action depending on how the flop was played.

ReptileHouse
01-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Raise or fold, with a preference to folding. It's just way too likely that we're way behind here and it's going to be very expensive to get to the showdown. Just let it go.

If we do decide to continue, however, both villains having overcards is an unlikely best case scenario for us. More likely is one or both of them has a better pair. It also means that we'd really like one or both to just fold right now or at least slow down. Neither will do that if we just call, so we need to raise to give ourselves the best chance to win the hand. If it comes back to us for one bet, we can call, but if it comes back capped, we're through. Reevaluate on the turn if we get there.

callmedonnie
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
16.5 to 1 are great odds but I think you are definitely behind BB and since button is aggressive you risk getting caught between them.