PDA

View Full Version : Hell or Rock?

evolvedForm
02-25-2006, 02:00 AM
What's worse, the Christian hell or the fate of Sisyphus? linky (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/s/sisyphus.html)
Why?

Sharkey
02-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Another sissy thread?

BCPVP
Who's to say one isn't the other?

evolvedForm
Sorry, didn't know there was another

evolvedForm
02-25-2006, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought of the christian hell, with the weeping and gnashing of teeth, as mostly physical torture. Sisyphus' plight is physical too, but obviously more complicated.

BCPVP
02-25-2006, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought of the christian hell, with the weeping and gnashing of teeth, as mostly physical torture. Sisyphus' plight is physical too, but obviously more complicated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kind of unfair since the exact punishment one would receive in Hell is unknown and Sisyphus' plight is "known". I suppose the worst possible envisioning of Hell would be worse than what Sisyphus would have to put up with.

On a side note, what kept Sisyphus pushing the stone up the hill? I never really understood that part.

Sharkey
02-25-2006, 02:30 AM
It seems like the sentence of Sisyphus was pointless existence.

evolvedForm
02-25-2006, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the sentence of Sisyphus was pointless existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

nailed it (http://stripe.colorado.edu/~morristo/sisyphus.html)

hmkpoker
02-25-2006, 03:14 AM
EvolvedForm:

No one's going to take you seriously without that wonderful icon of yours. Please, for the good of the community, bring back the boob squeezage /images/graemlins/frown.gif

madnak
02-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Sisyphus definitely. It might even end up being fun after a while. In a really depressing way.

If we're talking about eternal punishments, the titans have Sisyphus beat. Tantalus too, Tantalus might be the worst.

But traditional and fundamentalist interpretations of hell beat all of them out. Some Christians even suggest that hell is worse than anything we can imagine.

Then again, bunny's hell sounds preferable to Sisyphus.

Since I think hell is an imaginary concept, and since Christians are so divided on the subject, it's really hard to imagine how bad "the" Christian hell is.

MidGe
02-25-2006, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I think hell is an imaginary concept, and since Christians are so divided on the subject, it's really hard to imagine how bad "the" Christian hell is.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad the christian view of hell is, is directly related to how bad the christian is.

quinn
02-25-2006, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How bad the christian view of hell is, is directly related to how bad the christian is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You remind me of dead

*** You are ignoring this user ***

MidGe
02-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Too close to the bone, hey, quinn. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

chezlaw
02-25-2006, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So true. Benevelent god = no hell at all.

chez