PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - Completely lost with QQ!

tedmondh
07-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $20.20
BB: $22.80
UTG: $24.65
Hero (MP): $37.80
CO: $27.15
BTN: $24.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.65, BB folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($5.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $9.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($23.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($23.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10.50</font>

Villian just got to the table a few hands ago, so I didn't have a solid read on him. I could not believe how lost I was after the flop.

I had a few questions.. Should I have 4 bet PF? Was flop bet large enough? Should I have re-raised flop? Bet turn? Bigger bet/no bet on river?

It wasn't until I saw Villian's cards that I understood the play on his side, but I'm still confused about my own play.

antman1437
07-24-2007, 12:12 AM
4bet yes, do you really want the SB around?

Flop bet fine, turn check fine, Bad river bet out. I'd check/call river most likely.

Don't know why he would re-reraise flop w/ a hand with more strength than a slight overpair or tp and then check the turn. Villain looks like JJ?

Profish2285
07-24-2007, 12:19 AM
I personally do not like 4 betting QQ pf unless I know villain has a wide opening range, so its not incorrect to flat call a 3-bet, it just depends on what you like to do and what the villain does. Honestly the way the hand plays out it could be JJ, KK, 1010, AA, etc. If you are going to call his flop raise, which I probably would too, I am then trying to see the showdown as cheap as possible. With the way the hand went, I am definitely checking the river, and folding if he bets.

Naugrim
07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
given the small re-pop I would 4 bet for sure. If Villain pushes I fold, if he calls I take the same line as you on the flop and check the turn and river. The main problem here is your position, which is why it's so important to make that 4th bet pre-flop.

tedmondh
07-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah antman, you got it. Villain showed JJ, which made sense the way he played it.

If I had checked the river and villain bet, what is the max bet that you would call?

iamVillaiNmo
07-24-2007, 01:53 AM
I dont mind preflop if you can play well post flop. 4bet is probably not bad tho seeind as the min-raise is pretty weak or donkish.

Flop bet seems a bit large. You should probably make it around $3.85 here.

Turn is goot and river is very thin.

drsmooth
07-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Since his re-raise is so small I think you can 4-bet here without throwing away too much money if he shoves. Villains bet sizing is confusing to me too, so I probably just check-call river.

KEW
07-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Why bet the flop??? If you bet the flop and get raised why are you calling????

If you are betting you must think you are best so shove it in or fold...I would've folded to the flop raise..

My standard line here with QQ is to call the 4 bet and CRAI an all under flop...CRAI gets extra value(snaps off a C-bet) from weaker hands that fold when we lead out...

JJ make no sense...PF min raise is terrible and the flop min raise is even worse..