PDA

View Full Version : 50nl - Is this nit trying to induce a push?

wildzer0
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't have the HH on hand, so I'll convert it as best as possible.

CO is a nit running around 12/9 over a few hundred hands. He does attempt to steal the blinds reasonably often but I've never actually seen him call a 3bet (possible I've missed it). Button is beyond retarded running about 64/28 and making a lot of weird moves preflop. My image isn't great because of course it's one of those sessions where all my money goes to the donk, who then distributes it to the rest of the table.

6 handed:

CO: $50
Button $20
Hero (SB): $50

Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Co open raises to $2, Button calls, Hero raises to $10, CO calls, Button pushes for $10 more, Hero??

Kasane
07-23-2007, 08:37 PM
No, nits generally would repush with anything that's better than you here. You have to isolate the shorty and get it in here.

Once in a great while they might play AA like this, but not often enough for it to bother me.

wildzer0
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Here's my thought, and I'm not being results oriented because I actually don't remember the results /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just remember making a mental note becuse I thought it was interesting. Button is going to push quite often here, CO most likely knows this. So, assume I'm a nit with AA in the CO, and action after the 3bet is after me. I can push, and likely get called by the shortstack, at which point the TAG in the SB will fold most hands. Or I could call, let button push and the SB push behind him to isolate the shorty, call, yell "ship it bitches" at my monitor and put my cool sunglasses on (at least that's how I picture nits).

I just don't think there's a whole lot he calls the 3bet with here, especially with a likely push behind him.

Antinome
07-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't see what else you can do but push. I don't buy AA/KK from either of them either, so I'm happy to do it.

infinite_loop
07-24-2007, 12:03 AM
That's a pretty weird play if he is. I highly doubt it. I bet he just has a real hand like AK/AQ, maybe even AJ and he might think you're squeezing.

infinite_loop
07-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, the more I think about it I would really like that play a lot if that's what he's doing. It's really tough to suspect it though.