PDA

View Full Version : ATMs are my friend...but they make me wonder...

Snozynoze
07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Ok...so here's my problem.

Callings stations are the best ATMs in poker.
You get a hand, you make them pay. Sometimes they suckout, sometimes they manage to find a real hand, but for the most part, they are handing out money.

But i have one problem againts them.

When I bring something in for a raise from late pos, lets say for this example, i bring in 66 from the cutoff.

Now Mr. Ican'tfold is in the BB and he calls. Now, the flop comes out T 5 2. Now, againts most people, i'm ahead here, and i don't mind betting, and againts a calling station, i expect him to come along.

But how do i play this turn and river? Do i bet for value? I know if he connects in any sort of way, has any pair in his hand or even just two over cards he's coming with, so it's a profitable bet on the flop often, but on the turn, i'm still in the dark on this hand, and if an A or K drops, it might have him them, maybe not.

I'm pretty lost on how to deal with these streets in this situation.

But lets make it a less profiable situation, say you bring in 22 and the board is KT5. How do you play the flop, turn and river againts a very well established calling station?

Do you just start off by giving up and wait on a better spot? Do you still make a bet on the flop? what about the turn and river?

I love calling stations, but i know there have been entire sessions where i never pick up anything for them to pay off, and they can be a slow drain on my bankroll while i look for my ATM card for them.

What about Out of position? i feel like i'm blindfolded in the dark on these hands.

Suggestions?

Fiksdal
07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
you think you are ahead, and you think he will call a bet.

What is the problem?

kurto
07-23-2007, 06:27 PM
If they're real calling stations you have it easy... you check it down if you're real weak. You bet if you think you're ahead.

hallo!
07-23-2007, 06:41 PM
suggestions? no but lets hope some other guy has something better to say to it

i personally wait for top pair with mediocre kicker to make calling stations pay. Dont like to do it with small pairs that arent improved. they love aces and kings im shutting down if they appear

Capone
07-23-2007, 06:43 PM
i LOVE your avatar lol

Snozynoze
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
But the question still stands, do you c-bet againts a calling station?

vixticator
07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
It's really as simple as you think you have the best hand so bet. Fold to raise. You can go pretty thin against some players. This guy to my left in a session earlier for instance, he will call here with Q high at least half the time... I've seen him do it before:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($5.10)
UTG ($21)
Button ($25.45)
Hero ($16.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.80) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50.

River: ($5) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.6</font>, BB calls $2.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $10.20

Results below:
BB has Qd Ah (high card, ace).
Hero has 9h 9c (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $10.20.

fees
07-24-2007, 10:05 PM
it depends.. please just post a hand

BradleyT
07-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Small hand, small pot.