PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - Small PP & Draws OOP vs 20/14/6

Frosteater
07-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Villain in this hand is 20/14/6 over 66 hands and as far as I can see a better player than me. He played aggressive (but not reckless) to that point and I assume he played back at me a few times, as I tried to be very aggressive myself and steal often, although with only 66 hands played I'd rather give him credit for a strong hand - he's clever, but the sample size is on the small side. So, from what I've seen, this guy is a TAG and (at least in my book) not a bad one.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($35.10)
SB ($17.95)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($28.45)</font>
UTG ($13.85)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($26)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.75.
<font color="blue">I'm very insecure about the preflop action. 33 isn't bad, but it isn't that good, either and since we're 5-handed and he has good position, I'm not too sure if I'm good against his range. The difference in suspected postflop skills probably dictates a fold, especially since I'm not too sure whether I should call or raise, if I decide to play that hand. </font>

Flop: ($2.10) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP calls $5.
<font color="blue">Okay, flop is pretty good with a gutshot and a flushdraw, although I don't know if those outs are clean. I didn't think I could bet here, since I thought my hand couldn't stand against a raise. If I called a raise, I'd still be OOP and completely lost on a blank turn. Same goes for check-calling, though, so I opted to make sure I have Initiative on the turn via the checkraise and maybe take the pot down right here, if he missed the flop or just had a marginal hand. I figured this would put him into a tough spot, because he was paying attention to the last 66 hands and knows I'm not calling his preflop raise with broadways, but suited connectors or pocket pairs. </font>

Turn: ($16.10) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $9.
<font color="blue">Okay, Jackpot. I still think I misplayed this hand at least preflop, so the turn is still not too clear. This one is pretty easy, but what if a blank hits the turn? What with an Ace or a club? In other words, I maneuvered myself into a horrible position, are there options for this turn other than check-folding (barring this turn, of course)? </font>

River: ($52.10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $52.10

EvanW76
07-23-2007, 01:25 PM
If this player is as solid as your analysis indicates, I think it makes sense to lead the flop to try to win the pot right there. Otherwise, you get into a situation such as the one above, where I find it somewhat doubtful that you could win, even after you hit the 2nd best card in the deck for your hand. Against someone solid, at these stakes, I lead and fold to a raise.

EW76

ajmargarine
07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Why would you want to reraise 33 PF vs a PFR? Call, flop set, make $$$. You got a bit more than a full stack so calling is standard.

Flop, meh. Muddy water there with a c/r. You don't really have a "flush draw" as you put it.

Turn standard to get ai. Lead for more though.