PDA

View Full Version : Multi way AKo

Jay_Whufc
07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Im new to table so no reads though i stacked a short stack in my first hand. Whats my turn action here. I thought of reasons to fold, call and raise! Really not sure which one...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $12.55
BB: $7.90
UTG: $15.00
Hero (CO): $35.65
BTN: $21.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BTN calls $1.25, SB calls $1.15, BB calls $1.00, UTG calls $1.00

Flop: ($6.25) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($6.25) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.00, Hero ??? with one to act behind

mattnxtc
07-23-2007, 12:49 PM
i like a raise to 7-8 bucks here...

Rednas
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
This is a very weak bet by SB, most of the times that means he has a weak hand.
I raise to 7 and call a push from SB if the others fold.

Jay_Whufc
07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I very regularly see weak bets that are the nuts, especially on turn when flop is checked round

Rednas
07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I very regularly see weak bets that are the nuts, especially on turn when flop is checked round

[/ QUOTE ]
But this is against a shortstack, in my experience they go all in with all sorts of junk like KQ on this board.

If he had a full stack, I would give him more respect.

Quester
07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Easy raise. Since you didn't c-bet a lot of the time you'll get fired at on the turn by aggressive players with a wide range of holdings. UTG probably has a weak king or turned a flush draw, so SB's bet shouldn't be that scary to you.

reef2287
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
since your holding the ace of clubs, worse case senario you still have about 3 outs, easy raise to about 7 or 8, call a push

Jay_Whufc
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
With so many villians in pot isnt it very reasonable to assume that one of them has flopped something better then a pair and was going for c/r on flop? thats what SB line looks like to me

ajmargarine
07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With so many villians in pot isnt it very reasonable to assume that one of them has flopped something better then a pair and was going for c/r on flop? thats what SB line looks like to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a hand where you want feedback on how to play it? Or on how to take notes?

Here: fold. Note what SB shows down for future use.

Jay_Whufc
07-23-2007, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since your holding the ace of clubs, worse case senario you still have about 3 outs, easy raise to about 7 or 8, call a push

[/ QUOTE ]

what about drawing dead to sets?

Jay_Whufc
07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a hand where you want feedback on how to play it? Or on how to take notes?

Here: fold. Note what SB shows down for future use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want feedback on how to play it. Where did talk about notes come from?

Why do you fold then?

ajmargarine
07-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Because everyone's telling you to raise it up and you seem pretty set in your own mindset.

Jay_Whufc
07-23-2007, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because everyone's telling you to raise it up and you seem pretty set in your own mindset.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would you actually fold yourself?