PDA

View Full Version : Playing in the blinds

Babalatexi
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi there. I was running hotter than Alba in NL 10 for a while and moved to NL 20 where things seem to go fine. However, I'm still wondering how to play in the blinds. I'm a TAG (pf 18.8/15.7) in case that matters and I play fairly tight in the SB. The question is, which hands should I generally raise (not counting premiums) and after how many limpers? Which hands should I just limp? The problem here is that I HATE limping, but if I have a hand like ATo and there's been 1 limper, I have to raise, right? I also hate playing OOP in raised pots so I'm not really sure what I should do. Same with raising on the BB, which hands/after how many limpers?

Note that I was making money even in the blinds in NL10 (maybe it's just variance) but I guess it's because I was so tight - SB VPIP 17.85, pfr% 11.5 and BB VPIP 13.66, pfr% 8.26. I feel like I could be doing better by playing some more hands in the SB, perhaps. Please share your knowledge, never really thought about this until I noticed I don't feel comfortable raising or limping in the blinds.

ciro bonano
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about the blinds at NL20. You make the most with the hands you are playing IP so I think folding a lot in de blinds is not a big deal. FWIW I'm moving from NL50 to NL100 and I still have some articles on blind play laying around here which I haven't read because I feel I have other things I need to fix first.

If you want some stats: in my 30k hands I have vpip / raise / BB/100 / folded to steal
SB 25 / 9 / (0.04) / 85%
BB 12 / 7 / (0.07) / 80%
where the good bb/100 is probably variance, I'm probably folding too much to steals and completing my SB too often.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I could be doing better by playing some more hands in the SB

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want to loosen up, do it on the CO/button, not in the blinds.

Babalatexi
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
My button VPIP is way over 30 and CO VPIP over 20. The point was that I might be losing value by folding in the SB too much, your VPIP there is 7% higher which is a lot.