PDA

View Full Version : KK flops a set against donk but idiotic play makes river really tough

PleasureGuy69
07-23-2007, 05:53 AM
villain is 88/3/2.3 with river aggro of 6 over 140 hands.

I played it like a jerk because I thought I'd be maximizing value. Everytime I Cbetted, he would fold so I thought I'd let him catch up a bit and let him bluff.

I wasn't really scared of the flush early on but is this reasoning wrong? His range of hands is so wide that I don't have to be *that* scared of the flush right?

Anyways, I should have raised more on the turn, but since that's done, what do I do about this river? If he really have the flush, does he over bet like this?

I beat a bluff, some paired king, 2 pair, another set.. but this is an extreme over bet. What is the best play here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $31.00
BB: $66.65
UTG: $58.25
Hero (MP): $97.65
CO: $49.45
BTN: $52.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, BB calls $5.75

River: ($24.25) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $54.65</font>, Hero ???

TheRenaissance
07-23-2007, 05:56 AM
I kick myself for not betting flop and raising more on the turn.
Then I call.

prodonkey
07-23-2007, 06:04 AM
why are you not betting the flop? I call cuz I don't think he had a flush draw.

PleasureGuy69
07-23-2007, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you not betting the flop? I call cuz I don't think he had a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar is not pleasurable.

Do you not think that he has a flush draw because he bet out OOP on the turn?

prodonkey
07-23-2007, 06:09 AM
well things would be easier if you bet the flop.. I'd have raised it to $12 on the turn too.. most people with flush draws don't pot the turn.. lot of it comes down to timing in situations like these.

cooker3
07-23-2007, 06:20 AM
I hate that check on the flop, your trying to get his whole stack in, you have 4 in so far and you have forced yourself to try get 129 in 2 streets, how do you plan on doing this?
Raise the turn a lot more, for reasons outlined above
And now look what happens you got his stack but you could easily be behind.
River overbets nearly always mean the nuts or near enough to it, I hate this spot. I think he has a flush a lot but he could also have sets as well I suppose. I call but don't like it.

ubercuber
07-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Isn't this one of those situation where you just check the flop, call the turn, and fold the river because you kept the pot small so you could fold, but if the heart pairs the board, you stack him?

prodonkey
07-23-2007, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this one of those situation where you just check the flop, call the turn, and fold the river because you kept the pot small so you could fold, but if the heart pairs the board, you stack him?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm... NO

You want to check the flop with the nuts.. smooth call the turn with the nuts.. then fold the river without ever having been agressive with top set??

Galway
07-23-2007, 06:31 AM
The reason he's folding to all of your c-bets is that he is playing 88% of his hands pf. By continuing your usual pattern of c-betting your opp will pay of if the flop catches him at all. That being said, I think that the river is an easy call since the likelihood of opp holding a smaller set or two pair is so great.

paulnic
07-23-2007, 06:38 AM
slowplaying semi strong hands like sets has a habit of biting u in the arse imo. full houses/str8s/flushes i dont mind so much but very rarely is top set the nuts when all 5 cards are out. u have too bet the flop imo here. as cooker said u want all your money in the middle here and its going to be difficult in just 2 moves. if he folds to your cbet never mind it s better to win a small pot than lose a monster. tbh im probs folding this river, u usually see the flush here more often than any other hand...

dhdell
07-23-2007, 07:39 AM
i don't mind checking the flop if you have a read but, my lord, why would you donk almost-minraise the turn like that? That is just freaking hideous