PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL - KQ River Action

Ryba
07-22-2007, 11:06 PM
villain is fishy, 57/22/2, will call down light, normally i just bet this but he was very aggro, bet anytime it was checked to him etc. turn raise was for value I thought. I've been playing fast like 30/27/3... so what now on river?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $111.05
BB: $35.07
Hero (UTG): $70.04
CO: $145.07
BTN: $40.82

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($8.25) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17.00</font>, CO calls $12.00

River: ($42.25) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero ??

Capone
07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
I make a $20 value-bet.

infinite_loop
07-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Hero checks and induces a bluff.

wildzer0
07-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I guess as played, I like a c/c on the river.

sightless
07-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I hate the turn check raise.
Problem is you have no idea where the heck you after he calls it, and he will call it with his better hands ):
and all you have is top pair :/

Ryba
07-23-2007, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn check raise.
Problem is you have no idea where the heck you after he calls it, and he will call it with his better hands ):
and all you have is top pair :/

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty sure i was ahead, top pair is the nuts here against a donkey /images/graemlins/wink.gif

he insta called the raise, and i mean instant heh, just not sure about the river.

Knuckles
07-23-2007, 12:32 AM
What is your plan if he raises you here? I think that the hand has enough value to see a showdown, so I would rather c/c here.

Gullanian
07-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I think betting pot on the flop is better than inducing a bluff, you get $4 into the pot instead of $2 and giving him good odds to outdraw you.

infinite_loop
07-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah, well I think a check-raise is the best play. But there are definitely opponents that make you feel pretty safe about a board like this.

Ryba
07-23-2007, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is your plan if he raises you here? I think that the hand has enough value to see a showdown, so I would rather c/c here.

[/ QUOTE ]

check calling doesn't get any money in the pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif
if he min raises pushes etc.. i fold very quickly.

KEW
07-23-2007, 01:17 AM
I truely HATE the entire hand post flop...VS this villain you get MAX value with a BET,BET and BET line...Even a blind monkey will read the turn C/R as extremely strong(which TP2K is not)...This C/C and C/R line will cost you MANY MANY BBs over the long run...This villain's weakness is CALLING to many bets often light and/or betting EVERYTIME it's checked to him..So let him make the mistakes and NOT GIVE HIM EXCUSE to fold his hand..

I do not see the turn C/R being for VALUE it is costing you value...

Knuckles
07-23-2007, 01:17 AM
There already is a bunch of money in the pot including a little more than quarter of your stack. Your going to be putting in at least another quarter of it if you bet. That is a lot of your stack to risk if your going to fold to any raise.

You have now c/r and lead the river the only thing that calls is probably going to beat you. If he as aggro as you say then check and let him try and bluff you one more time. If you really want to build a pot you should be doing it on the flop.

canavarr
07-23-2007, 03:32 AM
you let yourself fall into this semi-mess by not betting the flop. Now you actually don't know where you are at. Did the villain bet because he sensed weakness, or did he really have a legitimate hand? You simply slow-played a top pair, which is not good enough. As played I'd check/call reasonable bet...

Ryba
07-23-2007, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you let yourself fall into this semi-mess by not betting the flop. Now you actually don't know where you are at. Did the villain bet because he sensed weakness, or did he really have a legitimate hand? You simply slow-played a top pair, which is not good enough. As played I'd check/call reasonable bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually he had A7 spades, i checked and he checked behind saving me some money

monkover
07-23-2007, 07:32 AM
c/c the river obv

canavarr
07-23-2007, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually he had A7 spades, i checked and he checked behind saving me some money

[/ QUOTE ]

result oriented...

Ryba
07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

result oriented...

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i know /images/graemlins/frown.gif