PDA

View Full Version : Shall we spew?

Mr_Pathetic
07-22-2007, 10:16 PM
OK so my flop bet gets looked up and I think that he plays a draw this way a ton of the time and rarely a pocket pair. Do I check this turn and fold to river bet or should I fire again to find out if he has a draw or he paired? If I do fire turn how often do I need a fold to be profitable if I fire 3/4 pot?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $7.63
BB: $10.21
UTG: $3.79
MP: $7.17
CO: $8.79
Hero (BTN): $6.38

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.25, MP folds

Flop: ($0.72) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.22) 4http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero?????

BevillTheDevil
07-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I dont mind raising the donk bet on flop but it close there given how drawy the board is and we all know ppl cant fold draws and we raise here strictly for FE which i dunno if we have. That being said i might just fold the flop w/o a read but that might be weak?? As played id just check behind turn, a standard bet practially puts villian AI and i dont think we have alot of FE here.

barryc83
07-22-2007, 10:34 PM
played fine. now you c/f. betting is huge spew here.

Kasane
07-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Painfully, I've learned to just check it down from here. I'm all for raising the flop donk. Every time I think they should fold their flush draw because they're oop, or they call all the way down with a pp, straight draw + pair... eh, you know.

The donk-folders fold; the donk callers call. Now you know which one this guy is.

Mr_Pathetic
07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I bet again on turn cause I hate nickels and he raised me so I guess he had a pair at the least. I really think he was folding anything other then a pair or combo draw. There are just so many people who donk weak on drawy boards then call raise then c/f turn when draw doesn't hit. However this is probably my #1 leak.

wildzer0
07-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I'd have to know something about my opponent to double barrel here. If turn was something like a K, I would consider double barrel, but he rarely folds anything you beat here. Just check behind on the turn.

Mr_Pathetic
07-22-2007, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have to know something about my opponent to double barrel here. If turn was something like a K, I would consider double barrel, but he rarely folds anything you beat here. Just check behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This hand I went into auto double barrel pilot mode. I had hardly no reads on guy except he was somewhat active on flop (AggFreq 40) but got passive on turn. Not much of a read on how he reacts in this type of situation.

wulfpacker21
07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
.05c cash games just play abc poker its so easy moves don't work here cause no one here knows what a move is

Johnny2Gunnz
07-22-2007, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.05c cash games just play abc poker its so easy moves don't work here cause no one here knows what a move is

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr_Pathetic
07-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Making moves is tricky here and generally does not work but if you focus and pay strict attention you will know who to make moves against and who not to. It's just harder to spot the people to make moves against since they are few and far between whereas at higher limits more people actually think.

Here lately I have been playing the game of notice as much as you can notice about as many people at the table as you can and take as many notes as you can so that you can make the very best decisions that you can against each opponent individually while playing just two tables. Seems to be working quite well. Hardest part is stopping when you start to lose that focus...

wildzer0
07-22-2007, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Making moves is tricky here and generally does not work but if you focus and pay strict attention you will know who to make moves against and who not to. It's just harder to spot the people to make moves against since they are few and far between

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the more intelligent posts I've seen re: making moves at uNL. Double barreling is one of the more common moves you can make profitably at uNL, as long as you're very selective with it.

Xanta
07-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Given the texture of the flop he almost certainly has a draw or something &gt;top pair, and I'd lean towards a draw because of the little donkbet. Given the fact that he called a pot sized raise, he's not gonna fold to a second barrel. Check it down.

infinite_loop
07-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I think you need to check this turn and fold to a river bet. I doubt he's really thinking about the fact that the board paired and he could be drawing dead.

Some might question the flop raise, but weak leads like this get shot down all the time. I'm not sure it's really that bad.