PDA

View Full Version : italy

poker12
07-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I think this is legislation?

Does italy tax gambling earnings? (disregard that you can't play online poker IN italy)

Legislurker
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
It wouldnt matter since no one working outside the corporate or government sector bothers to pay taxes, and no one prosecutes it.

xxThe_Lebowskixx
07-22-2007, 05:15 AM
you cant play online poker in italy?

smartalecc5
07-22-2007, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
in vacation there i couldnt get to pokerstars.com to download it so i went thru a cloaking thing i found on google and just visited it thru there and then downloaded it and played no problem

Hoopster81
07-23-2007, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just there and played fine on FTP

xxThe_Lebowskixx
07-23-2007, 01:44 AM
yeah, but isnt internet gambling legalized in italy?

Richas
07-23-2007, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, but isnt internet gambling legalized in italy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I don't know about the tax though.

Fonzi
07-24-2007, 04:30 AM
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/9/italy-legalize-regulate-online-poker.htm

check out AC Milan's jerseys

Viva La Rosso e Nero

Italy is a great model for the US to follow, make it illegal then realize you mad a bigfucking mistake. Also, they let their prime minister have mistresses, just like france.

The Fonzz

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-13-2007, 12:01 AM
taxes?

DeadMoneyDad
10-13-2007, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]

The average Itianlain pays as much attention or feels the same obligation to taxes as they do about road signs or speend limits!

D$D

JMa
10-13-2007, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]'

afaik online poker is taxfree in any EU country if u are playing on a EU based site

Richas
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]'

afaik online poker is taxfree in any EU country if u are playing on a EU based site

[/ QUOTE ]

It is legal throughout the EU but the taxes are set at a national level. UK is tax free for players I'm not sure about others. EU residents can also live and travel where they like in the EU so you could probably get away with domiciling in the UK and playing poker on "holiday" anywhere you like in the EU. (UK is very expensive though).

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-14-2007, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]'

[/ QUOTE ]

It is legal throughout the EU but the taxes are set at a national level. UK is tax free for players I'm not sure about others. EU residents can also live and travel where they like in the EU so you could probably get away with domiciling in the UK and playing poker on "holiday" anywhere you like in the EU. (UK is very expensive though).

[/ QUOTE ]
What if I live in a country outside of the EU. As an Italian citizen will I still be required to pay taxes to the Italian government on my winnings?

Richas
10-14-2007, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if I live in a country outside of the EU. As an Italian citizen will I still be required to pay taxes to the Italian government on my winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the US is the only country that seeks to tax its citizens abroad. The Italians have long struggled to collect taxes at home never mind overseas - there is a strong culture of tax avoidance with no social stigma for people falsely declaring income and very few prosecutions.

FYI The UK has less of an avoidance culture but the UK has a policy of not prosecuting tax cheats when they are caught, instead they are encouraged to come clean, pay their back taxes with a bit of interest - the Hansard principle. If you are found not to have come clean when caught then you would face subsequent prosecution but first timers get a pass.

xxThe_Lebowskixx
10-14-2007, 05:49 AM
thanks a bunch