PDA

View Full Version : Stars NL 200- Flop bluff/ Turn value push?

luckybacon
07-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Pre flop raiser is a 2+2er solid regular. Sb was a typical donk no real information on him. I figured his flop calling range was wide since he wasnt any good. Thoughts on flop bluff/ turn push?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($49.35)
SB ($197)
Hero ($200)
UTG ($255.40)
MP ($64)
CO ($214.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $7, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($24) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $18</font>, SB calls $18, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $64</font>, UTG folds, SB calls $46.

Turn: ($170) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $128 (All-In)</font>,

cbloom
07-21-2007, 01:15 AM
This is pretty bad.

RUDIKULOUS
07-21-2007, 01:33 AM
i think most hands he calls with just owned you on the turn.

JayDoubleYou
07-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't think this is that bad vs. a "typical donk" .
It def depends on pf range though as the larger it is the more bare 6's he could have.

I think i still check and reevaluate.

oh and i dont do this on this flop given the donk SB calling the CB, bc he may not be laying down anything but an 8

deaders
07-21-2007, 01:44 AM
I hate the flop c/r UTG is shoving most hands or at least calling and SB isnt folding his draw for $46 more obviously.

luckybacon
07-21-2007, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop c/r UTG is shoving most hands or at least calling and SB isnt folding his draw for $46 more obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree about utg shoving most hands, my lines is very strong. I think this is obviously not great, why i posted it. But to say utg is shoving most hands/or at least calling i think is wrong

deaders
07-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Well a solid UTG raiser more than likely isnt betting that flop 3 ways without a hand especially with donk SB in there, and I would think most hands he is betting arent folding to your smallish c/r.

JayDoubleYou
07-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Agreed utg is folding soooo often, which is why i do this sometimes given different flop texture and/ or different sb.

luckybacon
07-21-2007, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well a solid UTG raiser more than likely isnt betting that flop 3 ways without a hand especially with donk SB in there, and I would think most hands he is betting arent folding to your smallish c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume solid regular raises a10+, qjs+, any pair, a bunch of suited aces, and most suited connectors occasionaly 1 gap suited connectors. Also, on that board i dont think it matters much between 1-2 people. He could easily double barrel a blank turn and get us to fold.

Check_The_Nuts
07-21-2007, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume solid regular raises a10+, qjs+, any pair, a bunch of suited aces, and most suited connectors occasionaly 1 gap suited connectors. Also, on that board i dont think it matters much between 1-2 people. He could easily double barrel a blank turn and get us to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't make any sense.

luckybacon
07-21-2007, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah im really bad at explaining my thought process. I really dont know why i bother posting /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Check_The_Nuts
07-21-2007, 02:28 AM
if by UTG you mean button then maybe. If solid 2p2 regulars are raising that wide a range UTG always then I missed that memo.

luckybacon
07-21-2007, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if by UTG you mean button then maybe. If solid 2p2 regulars are raising that wide a range UTG always then I missed that memo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i consider myself solid and i would think thats about my utg range.

Check_The_Nuts
07-21-2007, 02:33 AM
you always raise suited connects 67s-&gt;T9s UTG? If I did that my preflop stats would be retarded, like 30/29 or something.

Bukem_
07-21-2007, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you always raise suited connects 67s-&gt;T9s UTG? If I did that my preflop stats would be retarded, like 30/29 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah just get rid of the dominated broadway and ax&lt;q you prob open at least some of the time utg.

MDoranD
07-21-2007, 03:28 AM
BBV is the best place for your subtle brags

luckybacon
07-21-2007, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BBV is the best place for your subtle brags

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is directed towards me /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I brag all the time, i just wish most of it was true

ValarMorghulis
07-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Flop play is awful. If it was just against UTG it could be fine but with SB there, what the hell are you doing.

Turn play is good.

Just noticed, preflop is pretty awful as well.