PDA

View Full Version : Childs vs Yang POLL

Bulldog
07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
On the hand where Childs folded the QQ, what did Jerry have?

Blinds 120,000/240,000 ante 30,000
Childs UTG (13,270,000 to start hand) raises to 720,000
Yang UTG+1 (14,040,000 to start hand) reraises to 2,500,000
Folds around to Childs
Childs calls 1,780,000

Pot 5,630,000
Flop 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Childs bets 3,000,000
Yang pushes
Childs folds Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Childs bets 3,000,000

MyTurn2Raise
07-18-2007, 10:32 PM
omg... favorite = ahead

Bulldog
07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg... favorite = ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is clear what is being asked here.

Just in case it isn't:

Hands that are not ahead of Qs Qd but have an equity edge:

Ac Kc
Ac 5c
Ac 3c
6c 5c
5c 3c
Qc Qh

Perhaps others.

yimyammer
07-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I know it became apparent that Jerry was playing very aggressive as the tourney played out, but this spot seems pretty different from the aggression displayed elsewhere.

He is raising an under the gun raiser at a full table in the first hand with the entire table left to act. If that's not a strong hand, then he has balls of steel.

If he has anything other than AcKc, AA, KK , QQ or JJ, I'll be stunned.

My gut tells me AcKc, can't wait to find out.

llleisure
07-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Balls of Steel and 44 FTW!

betgo
07-19-2007, 03:32 AM
I think he could have AKo. After all, this is also a semibluff if Childs has AK or an underpair.

namisgr
07-19-2007, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he could have AKo. After all, this is also a semibluff if Childs has AK or an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, especially if its the Ac. The guy was hyperaggressive early, and couldn't have been ahead with every push.

Popped Rod
07-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I don't think he had anything at all PF, probably seven-deuce or four-deuce sooooted, and was being uber LAG.

He hit lucky two pair on the flop and pushed.

seemorenuts
07-19-2007, 02:42 PM
It was confirmed by Yang in an interview posted by USAToday.com that he had 42o. However, Yang was speaking extemporaneously.

How long was his pause before he pushed? compared to his prior pauses?

Bulldog
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was confirmed by Yang in an interview posted by USAToday.com that he had 42o. However, Yang was speaking extemporaneously.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 169 starting hands. If my poll had 100 choices, 42o would still not be one of them.

TimTimSalabim
07-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I was listening to the Sirius broadcast and while Childs was still thinking about his decision, both RW3 and Jamie Gold said they would easily lay down JJ or less there, and would have to really think about QQ. They were convinced that Yang had to have a huge hand in that spot because he had been playing so aggressive up to that point and he would be aware that his credibility would be thin.

sixfour
07-19-2007, 05:54 PM
That's the one hand we were all confused about where we were watching, and the only hand that made sense that Yang might be behind on was AKcc, we mostly thought AA/KK

yimyammer
07-19-2007, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the one hand we were all confused about where we were watching, and the only hand that made sense that Yang might be behind on was AKcc, we mostly thought AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't AcKc a favorite with two cards to come?

Bidz
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't AcKc a favorite with two cards to come?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah it's like a 55/45 favorite or so

silvermark
07-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Can't wait to see the ESPN broadcast for those first hands Yang raised, including this one...

FireStorm
07-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Kind of surprised that 17% selected "none of the above". Not really sure how this is possible. The only none of the above hands he can have are total airballed Broadway, it's pretty difficult for him to have two pair here. I simply can't see even this guy being nutty enough to shove AKo in this spot knowing he is probably going to be called.

gisb0rne
07-19-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he had AA, KK, or a set.

Yang was aggressive but you also have to look at the insane number of good hands he had. Every other time he got reraised he had a premium hand. The only time we actually saw a junkish hand (that I can recall) was when he reraised Childs out of the BB with J8s, which is pretty standard.

llleisure
07-20-2007, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yang insta-shoved here which was way different from any prior actions. He was said all-in before Childs even got all 3 stacks of 1mil each past the line which clearly distressed Childs. I really think whatever he had, he fully expected a call from Childs.

Rant
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Childs tells what he was thinking about in an interview on the Ante Up podcast. He talks about the hand at about the 40 minute mark.

http://www.tampabay.com/podcasts/player/anteup/index.shtml

You can also get it in iTunes. Episode #110.

s33w33d
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made it 2.5M preflop with 42o? I love Jack Bauer but I would have flat called in that case.

Floker
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an insta-allin after Childs bet, while he was playing a little slowly before that.

Fels krone
07-25-2007, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an insta-allin after Childs bet, while he was playing a little slowly before that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt that tend to mean weak? I cant recall that specific case, but if you thought you held the nuts, you wouldnt be insta pushing. Unless you just got really excited.

Floker
07-25-2007, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt that tend to mean weak? I cant recall that specific case, but if you thought you held the nuts, you wouldnt be insta pushing. Unless you just got really excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he got excited, esp. since Childs led which probably made Yang think Childs was committed to calling an all-in.