PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is this a terrible final table

jessicaalbiel
07-18-2007, 04:23 AM
I'm watching this final table and I'm just finding it incredibly boring. Last year there was Gold who was a complete douchebag, but at least he was an entertaining douchebag. This year there's nobody. Yang is just annoying and Phil Gordon insulting him nonstop isn't any better, Kravchenko just hides behind his sunglasses and hat and never speaks, and Rahme can't even keep his head up for more than 5 seconds. I'm so pissed that Scotty Nguyen busted, he could've made this watchable.

Humble Pie
07-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Stop being a cry-baby.

clowntable
07-18-2007, 06:05 AM
HU is kind of interesting.

dersl
07-18-2007, 06:10 AM
yeah i totally agree

PJo336
07-18-2007, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HU is kind of interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

LooseCaller
07-18-2007, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last year there was Gold who was a complete douchebag, but at least he was an entertaining douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. he was a hateful piece of [censored] who ruined an entire main event for all of us. watching any of those episodes knowing he's going to luckbox his way into winning every big pot is literally more painful to watch than "who's now."

TMTTR
07-18-2007, 11:21 AM
It's just you.

RobTheDuck
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watching any of those episodes knowing he's going to luckbox his way into winning every big pot is literally more painful to watch than "who's now."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sportcenter has to do something to fill in all the non-football, basketball, hockey time.

FireStorm
07-18-2007, 12:28 PM
It's certainly not the world's most interesting final table, and akin to Gold it won't be great to watch on ESPN, knowing Yang mows thru the deck. Kravchenko plays great and is a little wooden, and Rahme doesn't make for great TV. Agree with above, HU was OK.

deankeaton7
07-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Its kind of tough to be entertaining when the best 3 players at the table go out 9th-7th. Well, maybe 3 out of 4.

benza13
07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
watching any of those episodes knowing he's going to luckbox his way into winning every big pot is literally more painful to watch than "who's now."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sportcenter has to do something to fill in all the non-football, basketball, hockey time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back 5 years, watch Sportscenter from July 18, then watch tonights, and tell me that it is better with who's now that just showing more highlights. [/hijack]

I think this final table is going to be pretty interesting when we can see Yang's hole cards and just how much of a monster he was in regards to constant aggression vs just being a card rack ala Jamie Gold.

Dan.
07-18-2007, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this final table is going to be pretty interesting when we can see Yang's hole cards and just how much of a monster he was in regards to constant aggression vs just being a card rack ala Jamie Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise with Alex and Tuan. They'd build up to a decentish stack, then dwindle away. Were they really that cold decked or were they just very weak-tight? Will be fun to know.

benza13
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise with Alex and Tuan. They'd build up to a decentish stack, then dwindle away. Were they really that cold decked or were they just very weak-tight? Will be fun to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I was shocked that Tuan kept blinding down so badly, especially after he was able to build a big stack coming into today.

2k7w625
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow, not entertaining? Crazy! Hey final-tablers, stop being so boring! You are not here to win $8M, but to entertain the viewers!
It`s not like you had to pay to play in this event, right? So BE MORE ENTERTAINING!!!

kutuz_off
07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
According to wikipedia, it was plenty entertaining. From Alex Kravchenko entry:

"During one particular play at the World Series, Kravchenko's manager angrily approached him at the table, calling him a donkey in Russian. Clearly agitated, Kravchenko lifted his manager by the throat and threw him into the shocked crowd. He then pointed at eventual winner Jerry Yang and said, "I raise for me...FOR ME!""

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RichGangi
07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm so pissed that Scotty Nguyen busted, he could've made this watchable.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Scotty wouldve made it a party. I was thinking the whole time how bad it sucked not to have Scotty there.

SuperUberBob
07-18-2007, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to wikipedia, it was plenty entertaining. From Alex Kravchenko entry:

"During one particular play at the World Series, Kravchenko's manager angrily approached him at the table, calling him a donkey in Russian. Clearly agitated, Kravchenko lifted his manager by the throat and threw him into the shocked crowd. He then pointed at eventual winner Jerry Yang and said, "I raise for me...FOR ME!""

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I <3 Wikipedia! /images/graemlins/smile.gif