PDA

View Full Version : AA line Check

relativity_x
07-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $107.50
BB: $26.25
UTG: $46.05
Hero (CO): $52.20
BTN: $27.75

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is a gambler, calls ATC OOP preflop.

stats: 34/5/.1/36(wtsd) over 70 hands</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($1.95) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.95</font>, SB calls $1.95

Turn: ($5.85) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.85) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $5.85 ($0.25 Rake)

My only question is how often do you bf turn for a free card on river?

creamfillin
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Why are you checking the turn. You beat all but one Jx's, heart draws, random pairs he probably floats with. Bet bet bet. I'm betting all the way here for value.

filsteal
07-17-2007, 11:56 PM
This guy's calling your flop bet with basically any piece of the board or any draw. You're still crushing his range on the turn, so bet again. And another great thing about betting here is that, against this guy (AF .1), you know you're beat if you get raised.

relativity_x
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Thing is, he's not going to raise whether he has it or not.

I'm not crushing his range on the flop. Also, if I get cr on the turn, I can't continue to draw 4 outs, which will happen around 9% of the time.

With that said, I don't believe betting the turn is 100% here. I think the only reason to bet turn is for a free showdown and value sometimes.

creamfillin
07-18-2007, 12:06 AM
He's calling with ATC OOP.. how are you not crushing his range on ANY flop? What makes this flop so special that he likely connected and is beating you? You crush his range on both the flop &amp; turn and you need to be betting. You're missing out on big EV if you don't.

relativity_x
07-18-2007, 12:10 AM
he called on the flop. When he continues, you have to give him a range that runs well against AA.

the 36% wtsd has 50% wsd, so he doesn't continue with air.

Kasane
07-18-2007, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thing is, he's not going to raise whether he has it or not.

I'm not crushing his range on the flop. Also, if I get cr on the turn, I can't continue to draw 4 outs, which will happen around 9% of the time.

With that said, I don't believe betting the turn is 100% here. I think the only reason to bet turn is for a free showdown and value sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be right on some boards, not one as drawy as this. Part of the value in checking behind on dry flops is that your opponent is unlikely to call three streets with something marginal, and on a dry flop he's only calling with marginal and monsters(usually). You've actually counterfeited one on his monsters, and there's all sorts of draws and marginal hands still out there. Bet the turn and reeval, but usually bet river too.

He'll c/r this on the turn with something that beats your hand usually -- but you don't save anything by checking because you're going to snap call just about any river. That's the point to pot control and why it doesn't work on wet boards, because his range includes so many drawing hands.

Oh, and if you get to the river by checking turn, and he checks again, go ahead and bet a bluffy amount (full pot or so).

shoxbb6
07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Bet the turn please, he'll call with any Tx,Jx, hearts, all kinds of hands

SirFelixCat
07-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm betting the turn here as you're well ahead of his range. I think the ck behind on the river is good, though, although you could have done the same had you bet the turn and he called.

And shox, I hate your new avatar...the previous one was much better /images/graemlins/smile.gif