PDA

View Full Version : QQ line check

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
villain is 35/10/1.7

Line check plzkthx. Here's my though process:

Villain has 3 bet PF so he has taken control of the hand. It seems unlikely that he has ANYTHING because he checks while there's 2 others left to act and the board is so draw heavy. Being that it is so draw heavy, with 2 people in, I think I have the best hand so I need to bet. His min raise could be [censored] or teh nuts so I'll call with position to see the turn to re-evaulate.

Turn he checks and I check through of course. His check likely means that he has nothing again. He took control of the hand on the flop and now he checks into such a draw heavy board? I checked through to:

1. because i'm probably WA/WB
2. Because of 1. I want to induce a bluff.

The problem is, because it's so draw heavy, do I have to bet? WOuld that only fold out better hands? my hand is good but it can't take a lot heat so I thought checking was best.

River: I induced the bluff on the turn so now I have to call. By his play of things on earlier streets, I'm most likely ahead.

Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $162.50
BB: $97.05
UTG: $64.00
MP: $57.10
Hero (CO): $101.65
BTN: $48.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.75</font>, BB calls $5.25, Hero calls $4.00

Flop: ($17.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $24.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $12.00

Turn: ($65.25) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($65.25) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $35.00</font>, Hero calls $35

shadypac
07-17-2007, 11:06 PM
I may bet the turn again to avoid having to call a huge bet/bluff on the river. I think it worked out ok for you since he only bet $35 but after he checked the turn like that after minraising im thinking hes got TT-JJ.

Could be 99 too since the turn could have filled him but once again I think betting the turn helps us figure this out to.

Nick C
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
In a raised and 3-bet pot, I don't think Villain is necessarily going to be viewing this flop as being as draw-heavy as you assume he will.

Nevertheless, I would probably play the hand like you did. I'm just not as optimistic about having the best hand as you are.

I think a not-insignificant chunk of the time Villain will be getting "tricky" here with a monster.

filsteal
07-17-2007, 11:46 PM
River call is okay. I think you're often beaten but you're ahead often enough to call.

It would've been more problematic if villain had made a PSB on the river.

relativity_x
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
get it in on the flop.

straight/flush draws equal a lot of scare cards to come.

edit: After looking at stacks, this is less easy.

I'd probably still 3bet flop.

filsteal
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
get it in on the flop.

straight/flush draws equal a lot of scare cards to come.

edit: After looking at stacks, this is less easy.

I'd probably still 3bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just seems like a good way to fold out JJ or worse while stacking ourselves when we're beaten.

Can you give us a C/R range for villain here that makes the 3-bet the right play?