PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when you feel that you're running bad

blah-blah-blah
07-17-2007, 10:52 PM
over the last few weeks i've felt that i've been playing well and running decent too. this has led to huge upswing. however today i had a huge downswing which had a lot to do with the cards and also how I played after a couple tough hands. what do you guys normally do when you feel that you are running poorly? do you try and play through it or quit for the day?

UptownExpress
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM
woops i misread this, if u just had 1 bad day that doesn't really mean anythign. don't worry bouit it.

jerryf1914
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
i have never run good for more than 1k hands at a time. i have been playing since last nov and i just don't [censored] get it

blah-blah-blah
07-17-2007, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
woops i misread this, if u just had 1 bad day that doesn't really mean anythign. don't worry bouit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really worried about the bad day was just wondering how other people handle it. cuz i tried to play through it and it didnt work.

Capitan23
07-17-2007, 11:00 PM
When im running poorly I look at the hands I lost with and decide whether I played it poorly or if it was just bad luck. If its bad luck I shake it off pretty easy and play again the next day. If I'm not sure if lucks to blame I post hands here. I'll eat, maybe nap, and then its go time again.

UptownExpress
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
take a break. read a book see a movie, etc.

Ramana
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
pron

wildzer0
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I cut myself and cry. Or just quit for a while, review my hands and see if I can spot any places I could have lost less/won more. But usually just cut myself and cry.

Kasane
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
If I lose two buy ins I go on a breather for a while unless there was simply no question that I'm getting coolered (AA<KK, or set vs flush draw, set over set... not KK vs AK aipf type stuff) -- and even when I'm just getting coolered I take 15 mins and walk around, get food, watch some tv, browse bbv and nvg...

Anything, but I just step away unless there's a mega spewtard... then I'll stay in the game.

Getting away and looking for good tables when you come back is a good idea. Sometimes you're not matching up well with whoever is in front or behind you on a particular set of tables -- and not realizing it. A couple of good tags or lags behind you, nits in front and most of us are marginal winners on our A-game. Even the right moron on your left can make for a bad day.

4 buy-ins and I generally walk away for the day, period.

blah-blah-blah
07-17-2007, 11:17 PM
thanx kasane that was the kind of response i was looking for.

jessyj07
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I had a terrible day yesterday at the $50, down 4 stacks in my first 1000 hands or so and I moved down to the $25 and beat that for about 1000 hands and then moved back up today. My advice is drop down to regain the winners mentality or quit playing till the next day.

florescent
07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
When Im running bad, I usually tilt, so I walk away and take a day without playing a hand. two or more if Ive lost 3 or more buy-ins and reevaluate my play. If I half my buy in but feel like Im running good, I just find another table to play on.

Check_The_Nuts
07-18-2007, 12:38 AM
I generally quit my session. If I drop a few buyins at the start of a sessino though it almost never bothers me, and I find it infact motivates me to just play solid poker.

Also, I barely ever tilt now. The only time I've ever tilted is after 2 hrs+ of straight play late at night. That was mostly because some dude kept floating me and instead of adjusting I just let him.

holdme
07-18-2007, 12:38 AM
nl600

ChicagoPoker
07-18-2007, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nl600

[/ QUOTE ]

lol