PDA

View Full Version : Why would he go allin in the dark?

Rekrul
07-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Phil Gordon is right. Khan should have waited for a King on the flop to bluff 3k allin into 16k vs the chip leader. Or perhaps he should have check folded if he misses cause it's obvious the guy has a pair. God Phil Gordon is a mother [censored] idiot and now I can't even watch the rest of the FT because his voice irritates me so badly.

RichGangi
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Huh? I think he said he shouldve just moved it in pf.

Alex Jacob
07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
agreed. i would go all in on any flop, but wait until the flop came and try to sell that it hit me. but, i doubt it mattered in tihs case

RichGangi
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
It def. wouldnt have mattered in this case. Phil stated something to that effect. Dont get me wrong, Im not a big Phil Gordon fan, but I dont think he was way off here.

Clayton
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
my opinion, i shove any flop but i dont announce a dark shove. note that they are different things to an opponent of yangs caliber.

RichGangi
07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Exactly. The stop n go is totally opponent based. If youre playing an unobservant meathead, it wont matter. I wouldve been happy to push AQ pf with his stack there and had some FE along with a good hand to race with, if need be. That dark push was just sooooo bad imo.

pokervintage
07-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Phil Gordon: good for poker - NOT. Does he have anything good to say about anyone? Haven't heard it if he has. Very annoying moderator. Called the guy, basically, an idiot for calling Lee Watkins with A,9. A great call? Maybe not. A good call? Maybe not but so what. I think Gordon may serve himself and poker better by displaying a bit of humility.

As for betting all-in in the blind by Kahn. It does make his hand look bigger but I do think that it is a mistake and he should have waited to see the flop and then moved in. But..I also think he might be better off going all-in preflop if he is going to play the hand. What is interesting is that Yang appeared to believe he was calling an all-in raise and did not realize that Kahn still had 3 million behind plus he said that he couldn't lay his hand down. Kahn could have regrouped at that point and saved his remaining chips had he paid more attention to the situation.

Pokervintage

gobboboy
07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
agreed. i would go all in on any flop, but wait until the flop came and try to sell that it hit me. but, i doubt it mattered in tihs case

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just got leveled.

Alex Jacob
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
haha, i guess i should have said "disagreed"

i think there is some small chance you can induce an incorrect fold by waiting (in general)

sh58
07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
phil gordon and jamie gold talking about how bad these WSOP FT donks are is really tilting me, luckily i'm not playing atm.

FireStorm
07-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Could he have waited till the flop in case it came horrendous for Yangs hand? Sure. I guess there's a bit of FE, given the fact that as he just stated in his itnerview, Yang is a nut and nobody knows how he plays. Obviously, he could have shoved preflop here as opposed to 2/3'ing it.

Doubtful that either method would have mattered in the least, Yang 100% calls either way and Khan is out.

KakiTee
07-17-2007, 10:25 PM
he's just as likely to sell it either way, and regardless the money was going in on any flop, and its arguable that at least this was he gets a call if the flop comes AKQ (where yang dumps maybe 25/50%)

gringop
07-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Is there any hand that is horrendous for Yang that doesn't put Khan in the lead, meaning he doesn't need/want the FE anymore? I don't think Rain can fold any flop, though, so the dark bet is kind of irrelevant. Seems like he just didn't shove preflop to make his preflop bet look as strong as possible.