PDA

View Full Version : k10 i've made a hand now how do i get paid?

jerryf1914
07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
since villian is short should i just slowplay?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $14.65
Hero (BB): $8.35
UTG: $15.90
CO: $9.40
BTN: $4.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.20</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.45</font>, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.35) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.35</font>,Hero???

ocdscale
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
The board has a 3-flush and 4-straight on the board. You're not going to get any more money from Villain unless he has a hand. Obviously reads matter a lot here (is villain aggro enough to fire a third barrel with air?)

I'm leaning towards raising to ~3-4, low enough for Villain to consider chasing with A/images/graemlins/club.gif/set or to call with a lone T.

Lead on river. Only card I would consider checking on is the A/images/graemlins/club.gif because it means Villain probably has air and won't call any bet (but may try to bluff).

edit: Just realized villain is very short stacked. I'm really tempted to say min-raise here.

Dogballs88
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Obv you can slowplay, but the problem is with only one other person in the pot with you, chances are you aren't going to make much money on the hand.

You can flop the immortal nuts, but if your opponent has something like a low pair, you aren't going to make much no matter how you play it.

Havig said that, it looks like button acutally has something here, maybe even Ax clubs, in which case you're going to get paid off very well. I raise the turn all-in at this point, as he has not much left in his stack and may even call with hands much weaker than the flush.

Also, playing KT OOP is not a good idea - you got lucky here.

07-17-2007, 07:53 PM
min raise turn, rest goes in on the river.

jessyj07
07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
min raise turn, rest goes in on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]this was my first thought as well. He likely has a hand good enough to call a push though if he's betting this turn.