PDA

View Full Version : 50nl A5s common spot

Womble
07-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $255.95
Hero (BB): $49.50
UTG: $100.72
CO: $27.03
BTN: $78.49

Reads: <font color="blue">Common spot this one. Multiway in a limped pot with TP and no kicker. I was betting to charge flush draws on the flop but am not sure what the best play is.

Can someone give reasoning behind the flop play?

I also thought about betting the turn but think that that is getting a bit spewy, I mean flush draws call but other then that, wihtout a read I think it is spew</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.75) J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.75) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $7.75

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I guess I am spewy but I bet like 3.5 on this turn and then I am done after that. I have seen too many times at these limits people calling with middle pair twice or gutshots, and sometimes even bottom pair.

monkeymaps
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I find myself in these spots in the BB ALL the time. I never seem to fold the turn in these spots thinking villian is just betting cause I checked he has pos etc. I hate checking turn here for this reason but is there a better way to play this? making another PSB on the turn seems spewy. But there are enough draws on this board to make a turn bet good here IMO. dry board I like c/f more.

Fletcher19
07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
bet the turn.

the fact that he limped otb is a good enough indicator that he probably isnt very solid.

You will get calls from random jacks and sixes aswell as fd to make betting both streets profitable. If he raises you though, fold

x6tence
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I would bet out turn for about $3.50 and c/c a river bet of 1/2 pot or less. People at this limit probably take his same line with middle pair.

Nogatsira
07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I raise it up preflop, charge them for their position.
If the button had an ace preflop, then why didn't he raise it up?
I think you're ahead here, you'll see a flushdraw pretty often.
At least call the turn and look at the river. Call any non-heart card (if the bet isnt outrageous)

IronOsprey
07-17-2007, 02:04 PM
c/f flop. You're OOP and if someone calls or a raises you're not sure where you are or you're folding anyway. With a read i agree you might play it differently. If you're going to c/f on the turn all the time in this spot, you have to be taking it down on the flop 50% of the time for betting to be EV+. I don't think that's going to happen.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 02:06 PM
No offense but I think c/f flop is about as nitty as it gets and it seems like you are just leaving money on the table.

IronOsprey
07-17-2007, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense but I think c/f flop is about as nitty as it gets and it seems like you are just leaving money on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you are going to c/f the turn to a bet or fold to any raise on the flop. Depends on how you view your average opponent. If you give them credit for not sucking then you are probably saving $. If you view them as sucking then I'd agree.

thawannabe
07-17-2007, 02:17 PM
if you have any stats or history on the villain i think it would help a lot.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Well I mean against the average .50NL unknown this seems like a must bet on flop and turn. I also think not betting due to the fear of being raised is incorrect. I will admit that if he raises me at any point I am done with the hand minus a read that says otherwise, but that still doesnt make betting wrong due to all the times you are called by worse which are a decent amount.

klownage
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Bet/fold turn.

That Fish
07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
So you bet the flop to charge flush draws, but then decide to give them a free look at the river? This makes no sense. If you are explicitly charging flush draws on the flop you must continue to charge them on blank turns...

Womble
07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Ok - thanks for the comments, although some of the advie I think is REALLY bad

[ QUOTE ]
I raise it up preflop, charge them for their position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - but then what do you do if they call? You will get into nasty spots dominated and OOP here. Better to do this with 73o then A5s

[ QUOTE ]
would bet out turn for about $3.50 and c/c a river bet of 1/2 pot or less

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he betting the river with? A bluff or a stronger hand like 2pair+, never with something like middle pair. I also think people check behind this river with the weak Ax and middle pair looking for showdown. Unless I know people bluff I am c/f the river after a turn bet

[ QUOTE ]
I never seem to fold the turn in these spots thinking villian is just betting cause I checked he has pos etc. I hate checking turn here for this reason

[/ QUOTE ]

Again this has it merits IF you know someone will bet the turn as a float. It does look floatish (maybe a flushdraw semibluffing or mid PPs) A bet does stop a bluff though

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're ahead here, you'll see a flushdraw pretty often.
At least call the turn and look at the river. Call any non-heart card (if the bet isnt outrageous)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you put him on a flushdraw as most of his range but would draws bet this turn when they can try and hit for free?

Again - river call on non hearts I think is spew readless

Maybe I am jsut ranting - but I thought there were some flaws in people logic there.

[ QUOTE ]
c/f flop. You're OOP and if someone calls or a raises you're not sure where you are or you're folding anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea this seems nitty but how bad is it really? You're thinking TP i should bet but what are you hoping for? You dont want to get raised and calls dont make me happy here either as Im OOP and will lose control of the hand