PDA

View Full Version : 89s draw hand live game .25/.50

bkar824
07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm posting this interesting hand that I witnessed in a home game last night with my two friends battling it out. How would you play this if you were hero? Assuming you're in on the river, can you make this call?

Villain is a very solid TAG, but tends to turn into a LAG as the live game goes on into the night and the stacks get deeper.

10 handed.

Important stacks:

Villain: 56
Hero: ~100

Hero is dealt 8c 9c.
Fold. Villain raises to $3. MP2 calls. Fold. Fold. Fold. Hero calls. Fold. SB calls. BB folds.

FLOP ($12.50):
Ad 7c 2c
Villain bets $12.
Hero calls.

Turn ($36.50):
2h
Villain bets $16
Hero calls.

River ($68.50):
Ac
Villain is all-in for $29.
Hero?

----------------

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Fold flop, turn, river. Flop bet is too big, stacks are too shallow for this to be a good call. Turn is a must fold if for some reason you are even seeing it. And on the river, what are you beating? Is the villain really triple barreling with K high or a two pair hand? If the read is that the villain is solid how is there any thought, even if he was a maniac it would probably still be a fold I think.

monkeymaps
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah your not getting odds to draw in this hand. Stoney why would hero not call this river though he made his flush, I dont automaticly fold fearing a boat here?

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
You make a habit of calling with a flush on a double paired board? Lemme go further here, a flush is the same thing as a decent pair here, they both catch bluffs and beat nothing else. Are you calling this river bet with a decent pair because if you arent then you cant say youre calling with a flush either.

bkar824
07-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah, there was a big debate on the table about this hand after the hand happened. I'll post what they did in a little.

HojoMofo
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
the double pairing plus the fact that your flush is semi low makes this an easy fold. And flop is fold as well for me, with the odds you are given.

monkeymaps
07-17-2007, 03:22 PM
yeah sorry missed the double pairing just saw the ace on the end and was like WTF? sorry....

infinite_loop
07-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Why is hero calling 2 streets here? Trying to float + draw? As played, fold the river without a read.

DaycareInferno
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
folding on the flop would be ridiculously weak and kind of defeat the purpose of playing suited connectors i think. with his stack size, i think the two best options are pushing the flop or calling the flop and folding the turn, depending on who you're playing against.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
How is folding the flop weak when you are getting extremely poor odds? So if you get a flush draw youre calling any bet on the flop, that seems a little fishy to me.

DaycareInferno
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
i wouldn't call any bet, but of course i would call a pot sized bet with over 3/4 of villain's stack still left behind. its not like he's just going to check/fold the turn if a club hits.

Chipspin
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Does anyone else fold PF? EP raise of 6x the BB... I'm getting out quickly before I flop something that's difficult to get away from.

As played, I fold the flop and the turn. The river I usually fold, but is the one place I might actually call given that there only has to be a ~30% chance he overplayed KK, QQ, JJ, or TT.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 05:44 PM
You are right he isnt going to c/f probably, but how can u count on the fact that hes putting his stack in when the flush card hits. Ill go even further than that, assuming he does put his stack in when the flush card hits, how can you be confident you have the best hand?

DaycareInferno
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
uh, he doesn't have to put his whole stack in. you don't have to hit your flush neccessarily either. he won't always have an ace or better, and sometimes he'll shut down on the turn regarless of what comes. if an opponent is so incredibly weak that you don't have the odds to call this bet, then you're much better off pushing than folding, because you certainly have enough fold equity in that case.

again, there's no point in playing the hand in the first place if you're going to dump a flush draw on the flop to a pot sized bet. i can't see folding it preflop either, as the original raise, even though 6bb, is very small relative to effective stack sizes.

fees
07-17-2007, 07:32 PM
are u kidding about calling the river?

07-17-2007, 08:12 PM
fold flop, calling flop is spew. You are not getting implied odds. If you just call it`s pretty obvious that your on a draw and villain will not pay you off if you hit.