PDA

View Full Version : T9s - You Lucky B*stard!

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $12.40
BB: $115.45
UTG: $8.95
CO: $30.41
Hero (BTN): $63.46

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.10, UTG folds, CO calls $1.10

Flop: ($4.40) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.40) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.00</font>, CO calls $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

River: ($13.40) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $26.06</font>, Hero folds, BB folds

CO is playing 67/32 and has a very high Bet River %
Nevertheless, this is NEVER a bluff, right? I'd seen him bet pot on the river a few hands earlier when it'd been checked to him in a multiway pot when there had been little action. He'd made aces-up on the river.

Mingdu
07-17-2007, 01:21 PM
What range of hands gets to that spot on the river? What did you put him on? Do you think he knows you have a T?

You are ahead of a ton of hands, missed and made ... that is an easy call for me

jonyy6788
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
may I ask wtf you are doing?

bet the flop

raise the turn

call AI

bkar824
07-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Ugh. Tiny pot. I hate plays like this against me. Because when you get bluffed because you think you make the conservo play you feel like an idiot, and when you work up the courage to call you get f'ed. You're getting 1.5:1 on the pot. That means that you have to win this 40% of the time to make this a good call.

Judging by the only read you have on villain, I would fold this and just hope he didn't have AcQc or something of the like.

You must bet this flop. If you have A10 or K10 maybe you can check in position, but your kicker sucks, you need to figure out whether or not it's good. Bet the flop and bet the turn. and the later streets will be self explanitory.

As played, curse a lot and get out.

Chomp
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is playing 67/32 and has a very high Bet River %

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless, this is NEVER a bluff, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He'd made aces-up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

W

T

F

OP, please exlain each of these quotes and how they relate to this hand. I am genuinely, genuinely confused by everything about this post.

terrible
07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
raise more pf, bet flop, raise turn, get it in.

Mingdu
07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I understand ... he folded the trips and wants confirmation he played it correctly. Of course that isn't going to happen with this hand.

It is how someone learns and a good idea.

Nogatsira
07-17-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise more pf, bet flop, raise turn, get it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ikaika
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/excuse_me.jpg

geoncic
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

bet the flop

raise the turn

call AI

[/ QUOTE ]

You're winning this more than 40% of the time

Debaser
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Just bet or raise somewhere. Anywhere. Checking behind on the flop is terrible, you'll get called by [censored] like QJ on this board.

As played river is a clear fold, all you beat is a stone bluff and even a ginormous retard wouldn't bluff 2x pot here with two players and with that action.

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I bet the flop 90% of the time. In this hand I had a maniac in the who was bound to fire on the turn if it was checked to him. However, when the BB bet the turn and the maniac called I didn't like it at all. I called hoping that it'd be checked to me on the river.

Not betting the flop is abit dodgy, but not terrible.

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
You're an idiot.

Chomp
07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this directed at me? If so, please explain.

Edit: I've just noticed that you are OP, so this must be directed at me.

Jesus Christ, you ignorant bloody swine. I have NEVER seen personal abuse like this in a uNL strategy thread before this. You sound like a 5 year old.

I asked a genuine question about 3 reads you posted, and you call me an idiot? WTF is wrong with you?

So for starters, please explain to this idiot what "Aces up" means, and we can take the slagging match from there.

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 02:05 PM
"CO is playing 67/32 and has a very high Bet River %"
VPIP = 67%
PFR = 32%
This indicates a LAG maniac who is playing way too many hands to be a profitable player. A player with a high Bet River % should be given less credit than one with a low % and so should be called down more lightly as he is more likely to take a stab at the pot.

"Nevertheless, this is NEVER a bluff, right?"
Regardless of the above info ... he is still never bluffing here, right?

Two pair - Aces and 8s when an 8 hit on the river.

Less confused???

monkeymaps
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
you know your trips beat two-pair right?

Chomp
07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"CO is playing 67/32 and has a very high Bet River %"
VPIP = 67%
PFR = 32%
This indicates a LAG maniac who is playing way too many hands to be a profitable player. A player with a high Bet River % should be given less credit than one with a low % and so should be called down more lightly as he is more likely to take a stab at the pot.

"Nevertheless, this is NEVER a bluff, right?"
Regardless of the above info ... he is still never bluffing here, right?

Two pair - Aces and 8s when an 8 hit on the river.

Less confused???

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO. Er, no.

Please point out the 8 in the OP and then let's take it from there.

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
"I'd seen him bet pot on the river a few hands earlier when it'd been checked to him in a multiway pot when there had been little action. He'd made aces-up on the river."

Retards!!!!

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Re-read the post you IDIOT!

jonyy6788
07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
this thread makes my head hurt

renotime
07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

bet the flop

raise the turn

call AI

[/ QUOTE ]

Chomp
07-17-2007, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re-read the post you IDIOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Kingstown,

Nice to hear from you again.

I can confirm that I have re-read the OP. I still can't see an 8 on the river.

It is probably because I am an idiot. Sorry about that.

And sorry about all the confusion, which was clearly my fault. I have printed out this thread, and in the coming weeks will try to convince myself that there is an 8 on the river. I'll try really hard. I'll just keep repeating to myself over and over again, "Villain has 2 pair here, Aces and 8's". Or, as you correctly pointed out to me, "Aces Up". It will become a mantra, and maybe someday I will see that, truly, villain hit Aces and 8's at the end, the lucky blighter.

Very many apologies. Thanks for setting me straight. And thanks for your patience.

And please post more.

Best regards,

Chomp.

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Dearest Retard,

Please read the quote below. I have highlighted the bit you seem to be having troubles understanding:

"I'd seen him bet pot on the river a few hands earlier when it'd been checked to him in a multiway pot when there had been little action. He'd made aces-up on the river."

Best Regards,

KingsTown

robinmbuk
07-17-2007, 02:35 PM
When OP states "villain hit Aces and 8's at the end" I belive he is refering to another hand that he observed villian playing previous to the had which he posted, in which villian made 2 pair on the river (aces and 8s I belive), and made a overbet on the river, just like he did in this hand. Villian included this as a read, to show he thinks this river overbet in the hand in which he played villian was a strong hand.

This being said this was not clear in the original post, I have only worked this out after reading the entire thread.

Edit: OP if you are going to check behind on this flop in order to generate some action on the turn, please raise the turn when you do get action. That said with a 9 kicker I prob bet this flop... wanna find out where I'm at, loads of donks love JT+.

Womble
07-17-2007, 02:36 PM
I can let you of checking the flop but you have to raise the turn!

Has CO done anything like this before? PF stats arent that meaningful here

HojoMofo
07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
though chomp does indeed need a reading comprehension class, kingstown, you are a prick. You dont post something and then call people retards when they ask you questions about the hand/evaluate your play. You have a lot to learn, both in poker and in posting.

Chomp
07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
lol. Ok, I misread that. You got me and I owned myself. Genuine apologies.

Nonetheless, you still sound like a total [censored], so:

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheerio.

KingsTown
07-17-2007, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This being said this was not clear in the original post, I have only worked this out after reading the entire thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

He still looks a complete fool with his silly smart-ass comments.

Gullanian
07-17-2007, 02:41 PM
E-Z CALL!

Spanky1974
07-18-2007, 03:31 AM
You raise pre-flop, flop trips, and then never bet, and finally fold to a bet on the river? Then post this butchered hand that you missed big value on and flame everyone that responds?

Standard cbet flop for me, then hope like hell the CO plays back.

K䲰䮥n
07-18-2007, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard cbet flop for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Be sure to check your hole cards first /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lego05
07-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Bet the flop, raise the turn. By now the river will be very different. As played, however, you like have to call cause you have seriusly underrepped your hand.

Ramana
07-18-2007, 05:01 AM
close thread plz

@OP: don't listen to them, you made a terrific laydown. villain very likely had TT for quads.

Fiksdal
07-18-2007, 05:07 AM
ban.

mvdgaag
07-18-2007, 05:12 AM
As played:

bet flop, raise turn, call river

if you we're planning to c/r flop, that's ok, but if you normally cbet on a dry board like this than you need to bet here.

EDIT: read the thread now... sry for bump

[ QUOTE ]

ban

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

ama0330
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
close thread plz

@OP: don't listen to them, you made a terrific laydown. villain very likely had TT for quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol