PDA

View Full Version : Flopped trips and facing river donk

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 12:59 PM
No reads on villain as he sat down one orbit ago. I felt completely lost in this hand as he donked into me on all 3 streets. I felt there was no reason to raise flop in case he has two pair or a draw im not trying to blow him off of it. After that though, I am not really sure if raising the turn is the better option and if he raises me back can I even fold at that point? To make matters worse he then overbets the river. Any advice would be appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $26.65
BB: $13.60
UTG: $56.35
MP: $24.50
CO: $47.75
Hero (BTN): $58.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $2.00

Flop: ($5.75) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.75) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

River: ($20.75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets all-in for $37.75</font>

Pot Size: $58.50

corsakh
07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Raising the flop would be a good start. Now you have to call.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
But like I said before, if he has a draw or two pair, why am I trying to push him off of that when I have him dominated? Raising didnt make much sense to me as only a maniac is 3-betting me with worse. Assuming I raised flop and he calls, I am then just hoping to go to showdown? That seems a little weak to me.

relativity_x
07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
any reads here? W/O any reads, I'd have to raise flop and probably have to fold to a push.

Against a passive opponent see the above. Against an aggressive opponent, I'd let him hang himself.

As played, you have to call river because his range is wide. He could have a missed straight/flush draw, or even have a jack.

corsakh
07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Man, honestly, I tried to type out an answer but I really don't think this discussion is going to work. I can only say you should raise this for value from draws and jacks. And please read all the stickies and essentials.

Profish2285
Against an unknown there is no pointing in taking the passive line here? I just dont think many players at this level are fast playing trips, so I honestly did not feel like he was too strong, its just the river bet that honestly made me go "huh"?

CmnDwnWrkn
It's okay to slowplay a little, but I wouldn't do it all the way down to the river in case he does have the other ace. I think calling the flop is fine, and then I like a raise on the turn. If he comes back over the top, folding would probably be a good idea absent any reads or stats. He very well might have an ace and you have kicker trouble.

monkeymaps
07-17-2007, 02:02 PM
you have to raise this flob your hand isnt strong enough to slowplay here IMO. just calling down is kinda gross. I RR flop think about folding if he 4 bets.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I guess I am being results oriented as he showed Q10 for a missed gutshot. I am just going back to what I originally said though, that with this instance, if I raised at any point, he is pushing better and folding worse but I guess I am wrong because everyone seems to disagree with me about this.

klownage
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Snapcall.

Your hand looks like a trapping Ace, pocket pair, or flush draw a lot. Don't see why he'd overbet the river with that as your range.

kurto
07-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm a little confused. I've already read the results and am a little surprised.

If I had a good ace I and thought villain would call down with something like an A-4... I'd surely play it exactly like him.

The river bet is interesting because I know two completely different ways players use this- some players do this against calling stations for value (you've demonstrated you'll call 2 streets... get it all in.)

And then there are players who always bluff this way (they make bets they expect you to call for value.)

So... a read is very helpful here. In a vacuum, I'm not sure this is easy at all. Your kicker sucks. And most players at the $50 aren't bluffing an inside straight draw here on a paired board.

geoncic
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Fold PF.

AT+ has you beat. JJ has you beat.

The only thing you beat here is QQ or KK

CobraGoat
07-17-2007, 04:00 PM
This is such a clear flop raise it aint even funny. There are a number of draws and Js you may get value from even if you raise. Also, i fold to shove on flop.

mattnxtc
07-17-2007, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

AT+ has you beat. JJ has you beat.

The only thing you beat here is QQ or KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand range for this villian is way off...Villian is in the CO and first in the pot...I am pretty certain ak, aq, aj and JJ all raise preflop from this position.

The hand looked more like a missed flush draw than a gut shot straight draw though.

Profish2285
07-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Just for the record, im never folding this pf otb with one limper. I guess next time I gotta raise this, but as I said, the reason for me playing the way I did was because I think I can count on one hand the number of uNL players that fast play trips.