PDA

View Full Version : $50NL - nitty multitabler might be frustrated

Jago
07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I think I'm a huge spewtard. Villain is playing on at least 4 other tables, running 11/1 over 110 hands. I've been attacking his blinds (and everyone else's) relentlessly, was running at 35/27 over 100 hands at the table so there's a chance he's playing back. Wouldve folded to a proper reraise (~6.75). I actually thought this was a pretty good board for me to c/r. Do i c/c? c/r to 16? c/r to 13? c/f? I think I have to fold the turn, he's folding the turn never.

Cryptologic - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $51.55
BB: $53.95
UTG: $51.15
MP: $41.45
CO: $51.50
BTN: $46.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($10) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, BB calls $11.50

Turn: ($42) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $9.50</font>

kolotoure
07-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Preflop is an easy fold imo because you are oop and have a garbage hand. Flop I can live with I guess and turn is probably a fold depending on how villain plays postflop

Miyogi
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Make the next line in the hand history "Hero folds" and everything is fine. The preflop call with the intention to bluff might be a little loose.

Jago
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
i havent really seen how villain plays postflop since he just keeps on folding, but yes I feel once he calls the flop and the turn isn't a black 7 im way behind here and he's never folding.

CmnDwnWrkn
07-17-2007, 12:59 PM
35 is way WAY too loose. Raising with 85o is not good, especially if you've been stealing a lot of blinds. Your table image is likely borderline maniacal at this point, and people were bound to start playing back at you. Definitely fold 85o to a reraise in the first place

HojoMofo
07-17-2007, 01:03 PM
this hand is bad, why do you bother keeping stats if you refuse to use theM?

corsakh
07-17-2007, 01:05 PM
What are you doing preflop?

I just like this sort of posts.. "I call a 3bet preflop OOP with 23o and I hit a 2... Whats my plan now?"

CmnDwnWrkn
07-17-2007, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is bad, why do you bother keeping stats if you refuse to use theM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this hand is awful for so many reasons, I don't even know where to start

Chomp
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous.

OP, you are running 35/27 and are posting a hand for discussion when your millionth raise of the session is played back at by a 11/1???? Seriously, wtf?

I presume that as you are playing 35/27 that you understand the dynamics of this LAG v. Nit situation...you have been pushing guys around all session and then here, you raise again pre, get 3b by an 11/1, then you try a flop c/r, which gets called and then villain bets turn....and you are wondering, what exactly? Whether he's bluffing? Whether you are ahead? Whether you can draw? Whether you have FE?

Christ, I thought it was LAG 101 to get away from these spots asap. I mean, I'm a weak tight nit, and even I understand the principle that good LAG's splash around a lot but only invest serious money when they have a real hand. This looks like Bad LAG spew to me.

Just IMO, and I'm not trying to hate on OP. Just a bit irritated.

Sordini
07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
stick beating

jk1986
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
This is bad, you could call the 3bet with the intention of C/R lots of flops like you have done if you had a good image. But running at 35/27 this is just utter spew.

Nogatsira
07-17-2007, 01:47 PM
There is NO reason at all to play back at the BB from the SB when he's running THAT nitty.
He has you crushed, just let your $2 preflop go and steal his blinds the next 10 orbits.

Jago
07-17-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely ridiculous.

OP, you are running 35/27 and are posting a hand for discussion when your millionth raise of the session is played back at by a 11/1???? Seriously, wtf?

I presume that as you are playing 35/27 that you understand the dynamics of this LAG v. Nit situation...you have been pushing guys around all session and then here, you raise again pre, get 3b by an 11/1, then you try a flop c/r, which gets called and then villain bets turn....and you are wondering, what exactly? Whether he's bluffing? Whether you are ahead? Whether you can draw? Whether you have FE?

Christ, I thought it was LAG 101 to get away from these spots asap. I mean, I'm a weak tight nit, and even I understand the principle that good LAG's splash around a lot but only invest serious money when they have a real hand. This looks like Bad LAG spew to me.

Just IMO, and I'm not trying to hate on OP. Just a bit irritated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty fair points I think, like I said I'm a spewtard. I have no idea why I cut off the action on the turn, i folded obv. I just wondered if there was any merit to my flop play. probably would've worked better with my normal 22/19 stats.

Just watched fee's vid which helped me a bit, I seem to have trouble folding postflop.

thanks guys.

HojoMofo
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
your entire thought process is flawed if you think the only reason this isnt a good move is because you are at 35/27. You cant win every pot, and when a super nit reraises preflop, unless you actually do make a monster, just give up man, otherwise you are just trying to get tricky for the sake of never folding.

renotime
07-17-2007, 02:41 PM
you preflop call ooop with 8 5 offsuit is pretty god awful

as far as your flop play i like it as long as you put him on overcards and not an overpair

i like all of your play post flop, as long as you have a good table image, one that might look as if you would check raise on a draw, but playing 85 makes it seem clear that you are on monkey tilt of the worst kind

kolotoure
07-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I doubt you raise this flop with many 'made' hands which makes your line pretty bad

infinite_loop
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
What does that weak of a re-raise pre really mean? I would be inclined to assume a lot of strength with that kind of raise.

I might even check/fold this flop. You don't have the image for any FE, which is what you need to play draws hard. He also likely had a big hand given how he raised pre and your draw really isn't that good. If you're going to play this flop, I like the check-raise, but you're going to get an Ad or Kd to call behind in position a lot.

I just wonder if he makes that bet with an overpair without a diamond. The problem with your odds on the turn is that most of the time he's betting the river as well. Tough spot. I fold the turn.

infinite_loop
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I agree, that raising the SB here is pretty bad. I don't even like raising hands like JTs here because playing tricky hands OOP, especially with your image, is near impossible.

TheArtfulDodger
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ooow.... my... god..." - Chandler Bing