PDA

View Full Version : 25NL TPGK OOP Facing a Turn Shove

dimeetrees
07-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($32)
SB ($32.54)
BB ($32.55)
Hero ($31.45)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($24.60)</font>
CO ($11)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO (poster) calls $0.75, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.35) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, MP calls $3.25, CO folds, Button calls $3.25.

Turn: ($14.10) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $20.35 (All-In)</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $42.45

Im not sure if that turn bet was appropriate. Comments appreciated. Oh and I dont want to hear how KJo is not a raising hand for you UTG, I'm pretty confident in my post flop game.

Jay_Whufc
07-17-2007, 08:05 AM
I play it the same, you have to charge possible draws/weaker pairs and get some info on where you stand. c/c turn tells you nothing and then you are faced with the river with no real insight into villains hands. Once you get shoved on after blank turn its an easy fold to a set, possibly J10

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty confident in my post flop game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure?

danicalifornia
07-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Fold preflop. It doesnt matter if your confident in your preflop game or not. It only depends on whether the line you take with that hand is + or - EV. Raising KJo UTG is a -EV play over the long run no matter how good you think you are postflop.

I dont think there is much value in betting the turn here. Your flop bet got overcalled and you are oop. C/f the turn to a reasonable sized bet

rjacobs003
07-17-2007, 08:16 AM
*grunch*
KJo is not a raising hand for you UTG /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ok on the rest of it, I CB around pot-size and I probably do the same on the turn although that depends on what my read on the opponent is (none?)On that basis, I'm pot-commited so I need to call the river. Interesting hand though - you definitely have no reads here? From his play on the turn it looks like his reading you for something - maybe he feels your bets are too weak?

mattnxtc
07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
I dont necessarily think this is an easy fold. I think the way the op bet on the turn dictated that he had a weaker hand. His bet is barely half the pot. If bets out 12-14 it becomes a lot easier hand to play.

I dont understand your weak turn bet. That 3 of clubs didnt change anything. Bet out 12 on the turn and its a snap call.

dimeetrees
07-17-2007, 06:28 PM
OH yea the guy who shoved had an af of 0.2, thats where my read came from. His stats were 16/2/92 hands

dimeetrees
07-17-2007, 06:31 PM
The reason I raise KJo in certain games is because I get called with weaker hands a lot of the time, thats what happens when the VPIP of the table is 45+, and when I get called by tighter players I can lose the minimum because I'd know I have kicker problems.

It also helps me establish a LAG image for future hands.

robinmbuk
07-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah I'm not raising KJ UTG - especially if the table so super loose pf (3 players called an UTG pf raise - this table is loose). Once I've bet flop and got too calls I'm really worried that I'm beat unless both villians are compete stations. The only decent J your beating is JQ, and thats before we even consider sets. I'd prob check this turn and if someone draws out to and oesd on the river so be it, better than pot committing with tpgk in a 3 way pot. As played your getting 3.5 to 1 on your money, but to be honest I probably save myself 50BB and fold to the shove.

Arcturus
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Eeesh. I don't know about that preflop raise UTG, you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt. I usually fold this UTG myself unless the table is super-loose. Even then I would probably limp.

With your read, having the tight player calling your preflop raise automatically sets off warning alarms. After he calls the flop bet, I'm checking the turn. What I do next depends on if he bets and how much. I'm probably too weak-tight, but being OOP with a hand like this is really tough to play.

As played, fold the turn to the all-in.