PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - AQs OOP

Doxa
07-17-2007, 05:13 AM
With this weak pot control line I deserve the river bet I guess...
Is a blocking bet better than a check here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $15.75
Hero (BB): $28.70
UTG: $44.20
CO: $25.00
BTN: $21.55

Reads: <font color="blue">PFR is 11/8
BT is 45/8/4.5 (60 hands)</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.85, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.65) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.65) A/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.90</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.15

River: ($8.45) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $8.00</font>

Pot Size: $16.45

Lego05
07-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Stats/reads on button and CO?

Prolly 3bet pre-flop - if not prolly fold, I don't like call.

As played raise turn much higher.

As played lead river.

As played after checking river you should call.

You see all the as played? IMO you misplayed the hand kinda badly on earlier streets.

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 05:23 AM
hey lego,

I agree about 3 betting PF but do we raise the turn here because tehre are 3 players? If the villain has junk, I don't think raising will get any more money from him and even any Qx hands will probbaly fold due to the fear of the Ace.

shoxbb6
07-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Turn lead is best after flopped is checked through, As played, check/raise bigger for protection from the draws/value from weak 2p/Ax hands.
I call this river.

Jay_Whufc
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Pre: Against 11/8 villain i prob fold OOP, but 3 betting is an option. Calling I think is the worse of the 3.

Flop: I might lead the flop to see where I stood but checking is ok, I assume you planned to c/r?

Turn: Definately lead the turn.

River: As played call but if you had played previous streets differently we might not have even got to see a river card at all!

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn lead is best after flopped is checked through, As played, check/raise bigger for protection from the draws/value from weak 2p/Ax hands.
I call this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. AJ, QJ and maybe Ax will play.

Lego05
07-17-2007, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey lego,

I agree about 3 betting PF but do we raise the turn here because tehre are 3 players? If the villain has junk, I don't think raising will get any more money from him and even any Qx hands will probbaly fold due to the fear of the Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it a little difficult than normal for me to form an opinion since I never have been and never will be in this spot due to me 3betting pre-flop. However, I say no since there are very few draws to charge especially since the only obvious one just made it on the turn.

Edit: Sorry brain lapse thinking we had one pair....yes raise for value....and higher than OP did...to like 5 or so.