PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand 3 bet PF by me against solid TAG

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 05:07 AM
villain is a regular and seem slike a good player.

he is 18/14/2.3

Reason I checked behind on the flop is because I'm most likely WA/WB; he could have AA,KK, both crush me, or he could have JJ or a lower PP (lower PP is unlikely). He could also have AK but that gets 20% of the time? So with that and his possible other holdings, it seems like spew to bet because it'll fold out all crappier hands.

Anyways, I called the flop 'cause I showed weakness and he could be bluffing or he oculd be taking a stab with AK. My thinking is that if he doesn't have AA or KK, he wouldn't double barrel because he would be worried about me having AA/KK and C/rai arrrrrin.

Is this ok?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $94.65
Hero (BB): $96.55
UTG: $63.85
BTN: $53.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, UTG calls $5.25, SB folds

Flop: ($15.75) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

Turn: ($45.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $41.85</font>, Hero folds

shoxbb6
07-17-2007, 05:22 AM
The extremely passive way you played this, I'm not folding. I doubt he has AA/KK because he would have 4bet those preflop. I think his most likely hands are TT/JJ/AK trying to move you off of your weakness

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 05:25 AM
I dunno man, this guy isn't an idiot and I don't think that given the PF action AND my large call on the flop, he's going to double barrel with TT,JJ. He's a good player and if he has TT,JJ, he's gotta be thinking: "wtf is this guy calling with on the flop" so he's definitely scared of a C/rai

Nick C
07-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Probably he has a PP. Is it better than yours? I don't know.

Lego05
07-17-2007, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Reason I checked behind on the flop is because I'm most likely WA/WB; /quote]

Wrong hand? You didn't check behind on flop.

shoxbb6
07-17-2007, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno man, this guy isn't an idiot and I don't think that given the PF action AND my large call on the flop, he's going to double barrel with TT,JJ. He's a good player and if he has TT,JJ, he's gotta be thinking: "wtf is this guy calling with on the flop" so he's definitely scared of a C/rai

[/ QUOTE ]
Then what exactly do you put him on? I think this is a bluff a fair amount of the time here.

Lego05
07-17-2007, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Reason I checked behind on the flop is because I'm most likely WA/WB; /quote]

Wrong hand? You didn't check behind on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind...I read the rest... I take it you mean reason you checked first to act on flop.

Lego05
07-17-2007, 05:39 AM
Anyway I like leading flop and I think future decisions will be so much easier if you do that.

As played I dunno....I mean it's so villian dependent if he would bluff AK or be valuebetting JJ in this position.

07-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Only hand I`m worried about is AA really, cause most Tags would 4bet KK preflop.

Bet flop. If he only calls, bet turn. If we take this line and he raises turn I probably fold, cause he would only do this with hands that got us beat IMO.

Lurker.
07-17-2007, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I like leading flop and I think future decisions will be so much easier if you do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
so we do this just to avoid a hard decision...what about getting max value?

tarheeljks
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a cbet here is also for value.

Kasane
07-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I think you go ahead and bet this. What someone else said was right, KK is pushing pf;you're ahead of everything else and might get a call from TT-JJ. AK has six good outs, and even if they're not HIS outs, they'll piss the crap out of you if either hits.

If he has AA, stack off, make a note and move on. Cooler.

xd40
07-17-2007, 09:34 PM
how much to bet? 3/4?

Unknown Soldier
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
get money in somehow

holdme
07-17-2007, 09:39 PM
[x] unpleasurable line

Sean Fraley
07-17-2007, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, UTG calls $5.25, SB folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Right here is where you had to make a decision about what villains range is, how he will play it, and what you are going to do about it if you flop an overpair. If you think that the majority of villains range that would call a 3-bet beats you on a flop without an ace or king on it then you are basically bet-folding here, shutting down if called and folding to any aggression on later streets. If you think that villain will call a 3-bet with a range cards that you beat on a jack high flop, then you are trying to get his chips in the middle and need to treat any action by villain that accomplishes that goal as good news. In this hand that would mean calling the turn shove with a smile on your face.

You really don't need us to answer this question. You can answer it yourself:

WHERE DOES MY HAND STAND AGAINST THE RANGE OF HANDS I BELIEVE VILLAIN TO BE CALLING A 3-BET WITH PREFLOP?

Please post and let us know what you feel the answer is.

qwertyui9
07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Think you have to call this imo. What do you think he calls the 3-bet with? id say AK,TT,JJ,QQ (unlikely) and maybe AA if hes tricky (KK prolly 4-bets). He could be bluffing with AK when you check the flop or v-betting with one of his smaller pairs. gotta go broke if he has AA.

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
With such a dry board, what purpose am I betting here for? For value? From what? Given the PF action what will call that I have beat?

I think the check call and re-evaluate here is the best because I simply don't believe that the villain will double barrel with [censored] to push me off.

shoxbb6
07-17-2007, 10:52 PM
You think he coldcalls AA/KK w/ the sb still able to be in the hand?

PleasureGuy69
07-17-2007, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You think he coldcalls AA/KK w/ the sb still able to be in the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a very good point. Along the same note though, you think he double barrels with [censored] in such a loaded pot?

shoxbb6
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I think he can very easily be making a move here since your line basically screams being scared/wea

Lurker.
07-17-2007, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a cbet here is also for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
what worse hands call us? why not let him fire...especially if he's bluffing.

klownage
07-18-2007, 12:15 AM
lol zomg easy call