PDA

View Full Version : NL 50: JJ OOP on K K K board - a little lost

BarryLyndon
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Full tilt NL 50, 6 handed

Villain is unknown, about 20 hands in, he's been folding a bunch. I've been raping this donkey to my left, so my image is probably aggro. I have never 3 -bet.

6 handed
Villain1, button ($65.60)
SB ($42.70)
Hero, BB ($79.20)

Villain1 raises to 1.75, SB folds, Hero with J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif raises to 4.50, Villain1 insta calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot: $9.25)

Hero bets $5, Villain insta-raises to $19, Hero ?

holdme
07-16-2007, 11:20 PM
raise more pf
bet more on the flop (no one will fold an ace ever)
now you fold even though you've underrepped it. you are prolly against tt+, aj+. you have horrible reverse implied odds

Capone
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah bring pf to 7 or so.

On the flop, Id bet 7 as played. I would just call here.

that_guy_33
07-16-2007, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise more pf
bet more on the flop (no one will fold an ace ever)
now you fold even though you've underrepped it. you are prolly against tt+, aj+. you have horrible reverse implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not what reverse implied odds are...

holdme
07-16-2007, 11:40 PM
so he wont lose a bigger pot if behind, and a smaller pot if ahead?

Lego05
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so he wont lose a bigger pot if behind, and a smaller pot if ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think aa buncha times if he's ahead he'll still win a pretty big pot.....cause pocket pairs lower than JJ will likely not be able to fold their full house. I'm still going over in my head how often he's ahead here though and how often the smallest pocket pairs he could be against would fold.

holdme
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM
i don't see a raise because it folds out everything we beat.

so lets say we call. there's one bet left for the turn. it blanks. we check, and he bets. now what? fold? why'd we call the raise then?

i just can't see calling just in hopes of a turn check-through either. let's say it goes check-check. this is the only scenerio in which you are ahead. but you also probably wont get another dime from villain if he has 88 or something like that.

gimmetheloot
07-17-2007, 12:45 AM
i call and c/c his turn bet if he makes one. If he as quads so be it.

iwa
07-17-2007, 01:20 AM
I like a call, c/r turn. Derp!

You will get in against few hands that have you beat, while getting in against many that you have dominated.