PDA

View Full Version : 50NL AA on a coordinated board

PureNHL
07-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $64.10
BB: $13.75
UTG: $57.75
MP: $49.75
CO: $89.55
Hero (BTN): $69.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, SB calls $6.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($16.50) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($16.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, SB calls $10.00

River: ($36.50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $36.50 ($1.80 Rake)

Any thoughts? After reviewing the hand I don't like my check on the flop, even though it's not what I was hoping for. A cold call like this could easily be 22-66 and villian would be FoF on the flop. Any thoughts on turn and river play?

xeanatic
07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I bet every street here. purely for value.

Leiviskae
07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Bet pot on flop, push turn. After this way played flop, Bet 14$ on turn and VB river.

deflY
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
horrible flop check
as played, bet more on the turn and bet the river. youll get a lot of value from TT/JJ/QQ/AsKs.

Capone
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
your played this hand so bad.

Preflops good.

On the flop though, bet $12. 1) For value, 2) TO protect your hand your letting the straight draws and the flush draws, draw for free.

On the turn, I Bet 12, as played.

Make a value bet on the river, his hand really looksl ike a draw or a small pair. Bet $20-25.

mattnxtc
07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Easy flop bet

PureNHL
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your played this hand so bad.

Preflops good.

On the flop though, bet $12. 1) For value, 2) TO protect your hand your letting the straight draws and the flush draws, draw for free.

On the turn, I Bet 12, as played.

Make a value bet on the river, his hand really looksl ike a draw or a small pair. Bet $20-25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks I appreciate the honesty. I just have one question. If I'm about 75% sure villain missed draw on river, still value bet in these situations always? That's still a concept that I have some trouble with.

monkover
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
i donīt have a problem with your flop play. The board is just too wet to cbet here and cbetting on board like this imo is a big mistake. getting c/r would really suck here. and if hero had bet the flop and got raised every1 here would have said how can you cbet here?!
Betting the turn is right for value b/c your hand in underreped.
you missed some value by batting the river though

dvd436
07-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok well I don't really understand why you haven't bet the flop here. Like Capone wrote there are too many draws on this flop. However you've got to doubt he has a flush draw considering you holf the As. To call your preflop rasie he needs a pp or AK atleast.

Your right to be wary of a set but incase he does have a draw like with say 66 or TT you must bet. Also if you don't bet you have no idea where your opponent is in the hand.

I prefer a pot sized raise on the flop to determine where you opponent is. If called the 2c doesn't hurt you on the turn so bet out if he rasies you muck the hand. If he calles he's most likely drawing so if the river comes a blank value bet him.

You played it like your scared of going broke with AA to a small set.

kitchma
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i donīt have a problem with your flop play. The board is just too wet to cbet here and cbetting on board like this imo is a big mistake. getting c/r would really suck here. and if hero had bet the flop and got raised every1 here would have said how can you cbet here?!

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....we aren't cbetting here /images/graemlins/confused.gif. We are betting this flop for value and protection. Checking the flop just gives all those draws a free card.

Big Poppa Smurf
07-16-2007, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The board is just too wet to cbet here and cbetting on board like this imo is a big mistake. getting c/r would really suck here. and if hero had bet the flop and got raised every1 here would have said how can you cbet here?!

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesn't make any sense, especially the bolded part

Chomp
07-16-2007, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monk, I don't usually disagree with your posts, but I think this is wrong.

I bet the flop primarily for value...and I suppose we also get protection/charge draws.

If we held AJdd or 33 or 56s I'd agree that cbetting in a standard way (i.e. in the hope of getting a fold) would not be the best idea. But with this monster and the enormous number of worse hands that will pay us, we must bet.

And if villain c/r us, well, we need to decide how much of his range is a set or draw or whatever. From what I remember of various Stove results in this spot against average players, the equity of an overpair/premuim hand is very good if we have cbet and there's dead money in there.

BTW, preflop I 3b to $6 here in position.

Kasane
07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
When I first saw this I misread the action (anyone else?). SB cold calls a 3bet! This is TT-QQ, AK almost always. VB all the way. If he called 7 pf straight oop with anything that beats your hand after the flop take a note and follow the clown around.

I don't think it is a small pair often enough to put any weight on 'em. Not without some read or note on villain.

Lego05
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf....bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river.....ask the dealer to deal a 6th card, take out your wallet and bet it.

danny8
07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
bet the flop for value. after ive cbet here im praying for a c/r ai which i can snap call and take his stack. if he flat calls your cbet then shove turn. as played shove river! just get it in somehow