PDA

View Full Version : The Sorting Hat NC

tomonbass
07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
For all those unfamiler with Harry Potter heres a brief overview...(I have 4 kids thats my excuse & Harry Potter 5 has just come out at the movies over here so its on my mind...)

On a young Wizards/Witches first day at Hogwarts school the new pupils have to gather in the great hall for the sorting hat ceremony...

This magical talking hat sings a little song (a little different each year) and can see deep into the young pupils heart and soul and figure out from their personality which house the pupil belongs in... amazing

Without going to deep into the whole plot the destiny of each pupil has already been written before they even begin as its the type of person they are which determines which house they belong too...

So...

If there was a Poker sorting hat do you think that it already destined for you to play a particular style once accustomed to the game due to ones own personallity and what not...

Or do you think Im talking utter BS...

I think the style picks the player not the player picks the style...

Yeah alright people can learn how to play different styles etc and most of us know that its important to change gears during long sessions and against certain opponents but ultimatly they will only be truely comfortable playing the style that has picked them because thats the one that suits their personality and therefore the style they were destined to play....

discuss....

monkover
07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
wtf?

sputum
07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there was a Poker sorting hat do you think that it already destined for you to play a particular style once accustomed to the game due to ones own personallity and what not...

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe to start with. But not for long.

Capone
07-16-2007, 02:24 PM

tomonbass
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
meh...

I got AA preflop and someone pushes should I call???

That post better? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

monkover
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
in before lock

tomonbass
07-16-2007, 02:28 PM
ok monk whats your prefered playing style and why lets go from there

jk1986
07-16-2007, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or do you think Im talking utter BS...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes tbh.... in before lock!!

bizzym00
07-16-2007, 02:39 PM
http://www.injenn.net/~tania/slytherin.jpg

obiedman
07-16-2007, 02:42 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/9/98/Gryffindor.jpg

bizzym00
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.veritaserum.com/galleries/albums/gof-screenshots/normal_gof2535.jpg

avada kedavra

tomonbass
07-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Nice Pic lol...

Right Ill take myself for example..

When I started out I played Tight with good starting standards... no marginal calls pf simple straight forward ABC poker....

Bored the hell outta me... yeah ABC is a great way to learn and if you know how to play it well there isnt much wrong with an ABC style of play many Pros and Amaters adopt this style of play and have great success from it...

But after the learning stage of poker and you start to develop into your own playing style some people stick with it (ABC style) others adapt to different styles LAG SLAG LAP TP last two not being great styles but what am I trying to say is

Isnt it ultimatly your personality that makes you want to play that way...

I cant play TAG as said it bores me mainly (not patient maybe) Im an action player when Im playing poker I want to be involved in hands buts thats more due to my personality than anything else ..

So in theory arent you destined to play a particular style..

bizzym00
07-16-2007, 02:53 PM
the world is not broken up into good people and death eaters...it is the path that you choose that is what matters

Gelford
07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I am put on earth to annoy people (and curse myself)

EMc
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I am put on earth to lock threads