PDA

View Full Version : QQ overpair in multiway pot

deflY
07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $41.80
BB: $13.50
UTG: $86.15
MP: $87.85
Hero (CO): $58.15
BTN: $59.70

Reads: <font color="blue">SB is 47/31/5.1(97), MP 14/12/5.7(175)</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $5.75, BB folds, MP calls $4.25

Flop: ($18.50) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $10.00

Turn: ($38.50) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $11.50</font>

Call? Shove? What about the flop play, should I've pushed against this weak donk bet?

Gullanian
07-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I raise the flop, to like $20-$25 I think your good.

Chomp
07-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I really, really suck in these spots so look forward to more replies.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop, to like $20-$25 I think your good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do this hoping for a call from what hand? Specifically JJ? And presumably we can't fold to a push? Are we betting to protect against 6 outers at all?

I have similar questions about turn, although I think he is screaming weakness at that point.

relativity_x
07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
This is a weird situation because the pots 3way and SB only starts with 41 and has 14.30 left on the turn.

If you push the flop, you scare a lot of cards away that you want to call.

On the turn, you need to push if you're going to continue. I think villain has a wide enough range with an AF of 5 and 47/31 that you're good here most of the time, but you will see a random two pair or a set here sometimes.

ncaron
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I think I also would have raised the flop, probably not to the point of pushing all in but a nice raise could have won you the pot right there. By the way I don't consider his bet of half the pot on the flop a "weak donk bet". Guessing you were talking about his bet on the turn.

As played I most likely raise the turn too. What hands would he call a raise and re-raise with pre-flop is really helped by that 7?

relativity_x
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
raising flop is bad.

I'd be more tempted to raise had MP called though.

relativity_x
07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
villain has a short stack with an AF of 5. Raising the flop is terrible because you're only going to take down his bet if you're ahead and lose a big pot if he's ahead.

7 might have hit two pair on the turn also j8 for the straight, but he's so short, I think we have to push him in.

skiller3
07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I would raise the flop. As played I definitely shove this turn--you have this guy beat a ton. Expect to get a lot of value out of AT or JJ. Sometimes he will have 2-pair or a set but it's still worth it.

mattnxtc
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
easy turn shove imo

StubbornRussian
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
I am bad in these spots too where villain calls reraises with a wide range. It gets really easy for him to put you on a hand and its tough to put him on a hand. I think you gotta put the monies in on the turn and except the variance that comes from playing with lags.

paulnic
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
i call the flop and shove the turn

members_only
07-16-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain has a short stack with an AF of 5. Raising the flop is terrible because you're only going to take down his bet if you're ahead and lose a big pot if he's ahead.

7 might have hit two pair on the turn also j8 for the straight, but he's so short, I think we have to push him in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Relativity, no offence but I don't think any of your posts in this thread have made a lot of sense. If we have to shove the turn due to villain's 'shortness', surely the same logic applies to the flop? (Unless you're advocating a fold?) If you want to call the flop to induce bluffs from worse hands, why not continue to do so on the turn?

Villain has played this hand very strangely (cold-call re-raise, lead flop) so any reads would help but in a vacuum I think this is unlikely to be a stronger hand. At the same time, I'd be loath to let him see any more cards for free, so I can't see a way past shoving the flop. You don't have to worry about the multi-way-ness as MP has folded already.