PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Big river bluff v tight player

bluffbetter
07-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Villain is 10.3/10.3/7 over 39 hands but his flop/turn/river aggression factors were 0/1/0 so I guess alot of the 7 stat comes from the fact he raised in every pot he entered, so it doesn't seem a very good stats to use. But somehow his postflop aggr is 3, but how do you get 3 from 0/1/0?

I hardly ever make big multi street bluffs and I play something like 21/12/2 I thought I'd have a go at bluffing here, but to be honest I didn't think through much about exactly what range/or hand I might be representing, but I did think his turn bet looked a bit weak, if he had bet more on the turn I would not have bluffed. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($40.05)
UTG ($33.70)
MP ($49.20)
Hero ($68.80)
SB ($23.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.75) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, MP calls $9.

River: ($38.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $38.75

paulnic
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
lol i dont really like any of this play firstly why are u just calling pre flop?? u should be raising with AK here imo. secondly why are u calling the flop with Ace high? if you plan to carry on u should be raising here to gain some FE... after that your hand turns into a pure bluff

bluffbetter
07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
The reason I didn't reraise preflop was because at the time he was something like 3.4/3.4/x over about 29 hands and I thought he may well have a big pair, and then i made the bad decision given that earlier one that his turn bet looked weak and then I bluffed. But I think my initial thought that he could only have a big pair was wrong because I guess he may well still raise every pair and AJ+ preflop and may just never steal or not have had the chance. But I'd still like to hear peoples views on whether this is a good play or not, because obviously if I had something weaker that wasn't a reraising hand then I could bluff with that and the line would be the same.

Maybe I should just give up after he calls the turn raise.