PDA

View Full Version : 50nl pair + flush draw

pmw
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
i am right now working on getting my af and started betting my draws more aggresive.
Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $45.61
UTG+1: $51.25
Hero: $49.25
Button: $49.74
SB: $107.99
BB: $63.01

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($16.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10.25</font>, SB calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($37, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $9.25</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $9.25 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $37

rjacobs003
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Given your hand, you have to put him ahead of you when he donk bets the flop. Now's the time to whip out the mental arithmetic. You've got a low FD (9), the ass-end of a BDSD (1.5) and a draw to a set/2 pair (5). Now assuming any of these are good (which is a push since they're not the greatest draws in thw world), and eliminating overlaps, lets say you have something like 14 outs at BEST. Thats pretty good even if it is a best-case scenario. I don't like the call here though - how much do you reckon you can milk if your flush lands? I might be tempted to push this flop given the number of (admittedly optomistic) outs and I'm hoping to make my money when he folds.

Chomp
07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Reads would help here somewhat.

I like preflop and flop. I think the turn is the issue here.

I don't think we are getting a fold often from Kx given flop action, so I think I check behind here with about, what 35% equity or something? Many of our outs are still disguised (especially as you raised the flop) so I think we can still get paid on the end if we hit, and we get to control the pot while we are behind but drawing to 17 outs or whatever it is.

I suck in these spots, so this is opinion, not advice.

StubbornRussian
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Rarely is villain going to call a nice size reraise and then just fold the turn. The flop is perfect, the turn I think you gotta check through. Your draw isnt really strong enough to get it in on the turn so he pushes and you pretty much have to lay it down as you are drawing to the ass end of a flush and straight. Your hand simply has way too much equity to risk getting pushed off.

paulnic
07-16-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I like preflop and flop. I think the turn is the issue here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i check the turn here

pmw
07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I didnt had a read on the guy (second orbiton the table and i took my first shot at 50nl yesterday).
I usually check in those spots behind to get a free river card and to induce a river bet but since my turn af is so low i am trying to bet in some spots where i usually check behind.
thx for your thoughts on the hand