PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Mega Stack - Thurs., 7/19

Todd Terry
07-16-2007, 09:13 AM
This Thursday, Foxwoods is hosting another Mega Stack tourney - 3K entry fee, 30K in chips, 50 min. blinds (if I remember correctly, the last one had 40 min. blinds), scheduled to last 2 days. Should be a great event. Who's in?

The-Donk
07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I am very keen on that. I did spend the entire day there (at the woods) and evening I played the qualifier.

KK< 666. Was in a good position, but still lost when I raised to 8K with 2K bb. Had abt 24K chips. Got two callers.

Flop 68Q rainbow. One guy bet 4K and the other went allin. I put him on AQ or some and instacalled only to see he had the 66.

I hv to make up money and then may be try the last one on Wednesday evening.

I can directly enter the ME only if someone is going to stake me lol.

Are you in?

HEK
07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm gonna try to get down there for it.

The-Donk
07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
For the Wed Qualifier or u going to buyin direct on Thursday?

stephenNUTS
07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Now that I saw this,I am going to try my best to get up there this week.
Did anyone play in the prior deep-stacked events Foxwoods has held recently,and what were the pluses/minuses of the tournament structure,and there opinions as well ?

Thanks,
~stephen feraca

daryn
07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
i'll try to be there

HEK
07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I saw this,I am going to try my best to get up there this week.
Did anyone play in the prior deep-stacked events Foxwoods has held recently,and what were the pluses/minuses of the tournament structure,and there opinions as well ?

Thanks,
~stephen feraca

[/ QUOTE ]

played in last months' tourny. Structure is sick to start off and remains that way until at LEAST THE 600/1200 LVL. I busted out during that level but from what I hear the avg stack has 13bb's at the final table...so much for a "mega" stack tourny.

Players were beyond bad at my table.

Jurollo
07-16-2007, 07:54 PM
I am *probably* going unless my friends want to go out on the town on Thursday

Moonshine
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
I'll be there. I anticipate the juiciest field ever if it's anything like the cash games there

willie
07-17-2007, 01:37 AM
looking into quals now...i'd really like to play it.

TeeJayOrTJ
07-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Hmmm this sounds like fun. I will drive down from Boston if someone stakes me...hahaha.

07-17-2007, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am *probably* going unless my friends want to go out on the town on Thursday

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled brag?

WoodPaneling
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I really want to go and watch the tail end of Day 2. Is this held in the regular room or is it down in the ballroom where they hold the WPT events and whatnot?

Todd Terry
07-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I just called Foxwoods to ask about the starting time of this event because there is conflicting information on the website: Noon and 11 a.m. The guy I spoke to, not the TD who wasn't in, said it was definitely 11 a.m. I told them about the website, and he said they would look into it.

I told him I think they're going to have a major problem with this, because the noon start time is on the first webpage, and has been there forever. Foxwoods usually doesn't allow late buy-ins. I'll probably call back tomorrow to double check, because a noon start time would give me an extra hour of sleep.

HEK
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
All,

Anyone down for meeting up for breakfast Thursday morning, say 9:30am?

Jurollo, Daryn, TTery and Moon...If any of you guys wanna swap 2-5% with me, shoot me a pm. I'm always down for lowering my variance in bigger buy in tournies.

HEK

rock1
07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
i am playing...hoping cash games at night are good as well

Moonshine
07-17-2007, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Jurollo, Daryn, TTery and Moon...If any of you guys wanna swap 2-5% with me, shoot me a pm. I'm always down for lowering my variance in bigger buy in tournies.

HEK

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

willie
07-17-2007, 01:14 PM
going out tomorrow to play 2 of the 400 dollar quals i hope....

i'll be the douchebag lookin fella with the biggest birthmark you've seen in a while on my right index finger.

i'll also have on my trademark t shirt "coat hanger abortionists for christ"

cheers.

stephenNUTS
07-17-2007, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

HEK

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me with details........I am in!

~stephen feraca /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The-Donk
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I am planning to play the Qualifier tomorrow and then the ME on Thursday.

This kind of stack and deep level structure - I think will help my style of play.

Very tight - with occasional stealing after a read on the table - to keep myself alive to reach the FT.

Hoping to meet lot of you there.

Todd Terry
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I can't do breakfast at 9:30, I'm driving up from NJ and will probably be stuck in traffic near New Haven at 9:30. See you guys there.

willie
07-20-2007, 02:21 AM
went down wed, played the 10am- went turbo busto- had absolutely no rhythm and embarrassed myself.

Recovered 400 at 2/5 nl in 3 hours

Played the 2pm sat and satted in- via awesome shortstack ninjajamming

went bust in the event 6 minutes before dinner break- kk <9Tsoooooooted, made a relatively small raise from the button w/ kk after he limped- he flopped a flushdraw- i insta overpot jammed when checked to- he tanked, called and then ran 2 pair....sweeeeet.

all in all i played relatively poorly and was pretty card dead which sucked because i'm pretty sure i had one of the softest tables in the joint. (- the 10 seat, 3k wsop final tabler and all around pain in my ass (upon further review- i believe his name was luke vrable)

ah well, had a good time.

willie
07-20-2007, 04:28 AM
fwiw vrable (Darvin HAM on FTP) was very nice to talk to after we both had busted, i had some slight problems with how he carried himself at the table.

he's 22- so i understand the youth thing

he made a few claims that were odd.

"I've made more money this year than robinson cano"
"put me at the final table of the wsop me with 5 million in chips and i would have taken it down. I'm not saying the guys that were bad, but i'm just WAY better."

there were many other things mentioned.

here is the moral of the story.

When you conduct yourself in such a manner- Showing no humility or humbleness- you earn resentment. I've never before seen almost an entire table (i excluded- very much enjoyed being abused by him since i was outplayed and overheld all but 1 time- and i don't mind playing tough players at all- challenges are fun)- happy to see someone bustout.

You don't have to try to make buddies with everybody because you truly are their enemy- but you don't want people gunning for you either. There were a few spots that he was called and played back at- and i'm pretty sure 75% of the persons' motivation was due to his conduct as opposed to his high level of activity.

if he gets wind of this post i hope he takes it a bit to heart- toning down his bravado may make his live tournament life a bit easier in the future.

HEK
07-20-2007, 10:28 PM
aslkdfhalksjdflaksdfj I'm like tourny chip leader from minute 1 all to way to until around 8pm. At 7pm I have 240,000 in chips for a gigantic tourny chip lead with 80ish players left. Average stack at the time was around 80k. After that everything went completely [censored] south and I busted 42nd at 11pm when 30 get paid. alskjdfaoslihdfals [censored] [censored] donkaments. Oh and I lost 12k in bj never again goddamn pit games [censored] haaaaaaate.

27offsuit
07-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Did you try to talk someone into calling your aces again?

HEK
07-22-2007, 09:53 PM
tahts it hu 4 rollz??!:!?!??

oh and edit:
[ QUOTE ]
Did you try to talk someone into calling your aces again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll never make that mistake again