PDA

View Full Version : $50NL - Flush, set and straight-o-meters go up with Hero holding AA

K䲰䮥n
07-16-2007, 04:59 AM
Villain is your typical multitabling Tight/semi-aggressive. I have no notes on him that he floats but that does NOT mean he might do that. What is you plan for the <font color="blue">rest of this hand</font>?

No working converter, sorry. Will do it manually.

Seat 1: ARLETTE29 ( $54.55 )
Seat 5: Firetribe ( $124.60 )
Seat 6: Actiondany ( $52.50 )
Seat 8: saco79 ( $19.75 )
Seat 10: Villain ( $49.85 )

Firetribe posts Small Blind $0.25
Actiondany posts Big Blind $0.50

Dealing cards
Your cards A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif [Firetribe]
saco79 folds
Villain calls $0.50
ARLETTE29 calls $0.50
Firetribe raises $2.75
Actiondany folds
Villain calls $2.50
ARLETTE29 folds

Dealing Flop 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Firetribe bets $6
Villain calls $6

Dealing Turn 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="blue">Firetribe's plan from now on?</font>

A10Chief
07-16-2007, 05:18 AM
You can probably still bet this for value, but definitely fold if the water gets too hot. If you check are you insta-folding to a PSB?

shoxbb6
07-16-2007, 05:22 AM
I tend to double barrel these spots quiet often, but I'm not sure what exactly a tight/semi-aggressive player is limp/calling from the co. But I do think this is a relatively good board for him to float on (rag coordinated obviously missing your overcards) so I lean towards a double barrel.

Do you have any reads on the guy?

K䲰䮥n
07-16-2007, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads after 150 hands. Seems like he's playing very straight foreward since these days I'm making notes all the freaking time.

Reup Gang
07-16-2007, 05:32 AM
fold pf

Waingro
07-16-2007, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to double barrel these spots quiet often, but I'm not sure what exactly a tight/semi-aggressive player is limp/calling from the co. But I do think this is a relatively good board for him to float on (rag coordinated obviously missing your overcards) so I lean towards a double barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do tight players call you with on this board when you double-barrel that you beat? Honest question.

If we suspect he might be floating a lot in this spot, shouldn´t we be checking?

Gullanian
07-16-2007, 08:53 AM
I bet out, and if he raises us, I min raise him back. If he has a flush, he would come over the top of our min raise. If he doesn't then we are probably good.

relativity_x
07-16-2007, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If we suspect he might be floating a lot in this spot, shouldn´t we be checking?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if someone floats you a lot, you need to be firing second shots.

I like a bf turn if you think player is straight forward.

K䲰䮥n
07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
the ones saying bf this turn... what do you do on a blanc river if villain calls the turn bet?

relativity_x
07-16-2007, 09:39 AM
tough spot.

Id be inclinced to bf a nonclub river because I don't like a cc and cf a club river. Itd be helpful if you had stats on wtsd.

rjacobs003
07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the ones saying bf this turn... what do you do on a blanc river if villain calls the turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn is the last bit of money I'm putting in. If I fire the turn and he calls, I check-fold the river.

Gelford
07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Tough spot ???

C/C all the way or block then block or c/c ???

(Hell C/F can't be a big mistake ... dunno, tough spot)

relativity_x
07-16-2007, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn is the last bit of money I'm putting in. If I fire the turn and he calls, I check-fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this on a higher board, but he could play 88/99 this way and would allow him to bluff on the river.

I would typically cc the river, but if im going to cc, I'd rather bf because he'll check behind a lower PP and we lose value. A cf river would be a lot easier with like a j/t/q on the river because we could rule out mid PP (meaning he's probably got the flush). Since there's not, he could still have 88-TT and JJ depending how passive villain is.

K䲰䮥n
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
This spot is tuff but it's not out of the ordinary. It happens quite a lot. GIVE ME A FORMULA DAMNIT!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

For entertainment purposes: When playing this hand my brain got miswired or something and I paniced and c/r him all in on the turn. Heh.

rjacobs003
07-16-2007, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this on a higher board, but he could play 88/99 this way and would allow him to bluff on the river.

I would typically cc the river, but if im going to cc, I'd rather bf because he'll check behind a lower PP and we lose value. A cf river would be a lot easier with like a j/t/q on the river because we could rule out mid PP (meaning he's probably got the flush). Since there's not, he could still have 88-TT and JJ depending how passive villain is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I'm putting a lot of weight on the "semi-aggressive" description. My thinking is that any half-way aggressive player has to raise this with just an overpair.

corsakh
07-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Bet fold