PDA

View Full Version : So who do u like to win?

ZingyDNA
07-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Pick as many as you want. I always support a name pro (who's not a D-bag) so Watkinson is in. I also like Hilm becuase he seems a good aggressive player who isn't afraid to gamble. Kahn is a fellow internet player so he also gets picked.

umistboy
07-16-2007, 04:59 AM
Kalmar and Hilm coz I picked them when there were around 150 left.

Pick 3 for FT thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11187079&an=0&page=0#Pos t11187079)

benza13
07-16-2007, 05:24 AM
I want Khan to win, but if I was betting, my money is on Lam

Jourdain
07-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Watkinson

NewTeaBag
07-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Kalmer FTW!

Underestimated Great UK Player and overall top bloke!

Khon
07-16-2007, 07:24 AM
I will go with Hilm because he's a fellow Dane, doesn't hurt that he's the chipleader either.

robracing
07-16-2007, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kalmer FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

I note that Jon Kalmar is from Chorley (Manchester) on his Hendon Mob results page. Do we know whether he is a Man Utd fan or not?

I am happy to root for him, provided that he doesn't support the evil reds!

NewTeaBag
07-16-2007, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will go with Hilm because he's a fellow Dane, doesn't hurt that he's the chipleader either.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also a V good player and a classy one as well. I remember watching him finish 2nd in the Copenhagen EPT 2 yrs ago. Quality.

Kalmer 1st
Hilm 2nd
sounds goot to me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

robracing
07-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Actually, on second thoughts, it would actually be pretty cool if 2004 Main Event champion "George" Rahme were to repeat!

NewTeaBag
07-16-2007, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kalmer FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

I note that Jon Kalmar is from Chorley (Manchester) on his Hendon Mob results page. Do we know whether he is a Man Utd fan or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ. Yes he is a northern geez, but not a Man U supporter.

Kik
07-16-2007, 07:34 AM
2004 ME Champion was Greg Raymer

Clayton
07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Haved Khan - "RaInKhAn" - big SNG player online, suspected bot, possibly insane
Phillip Hilm - "hotntot" - big NLHE cash player online, done well in EPT events
Tuan Lam - "BABYHAN" - big LHE cash player online at 200/400 on stars
Lee Childs - Pocketfiver
Lee Watkinson - Full Tilt Pro

I would be content with any of these guys, and dont care for the standard brit, the standard russian, the standard old guy, and the standard asian guy. dont care.

If I had to pick someone, then RainKhan because I railed with his posse (friends of friends) on day 4 and he's a cool guy having the week of his entire life. Plus, internet players rule.

henrikjs
07-16-2007, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

robracing
07-16-2007, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2004 ME Champion was Greg Raymer

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2784/levellg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sonneti
07-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Kalmar & Hilm would be good for poker /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
07-16-2007, 08:06 AM
i picked rain in the poll for obv reasons, but i very much agree with above poster, i didnt realise where hilm and kalmar where from

a european winning is sooooooooooooo +ev for us

Bidz
07-16-2007, 08:11 AM
KHAAAAAAANNNNNNN

RichGangi
07-16-2007, 08:16 AM
I dont think Lee is much of a closer, so I cant pick him. Also, I dont know enough about the other players to make an informed decision.

W brad
07-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't really care. The winner will win by virtue of catching at least some lucky breaks, so being "the winner" doesn't mean all that much anyway.

secretprankster
07-16-2007, 08:24 AM
If anyone talks in terms like "x would be so good for the game omg," pls realize it's 2007.

RichGangi
07-16-2007, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care. The winner will win by virtue of catching at least some lucky breaks, so being "the winner" doesn't mean all that much anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
O RLY??? LOLZ.

W brad
07-16-2007, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
O RLY??? LOLZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in terms of money and publicity it will mean a lot to the winner of this semi-lottery. But I was talking of the deeper meaning.

NewTeaBag
07-16-2007, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone talks in terms like "x would be so good for the game omg," pls realize it's 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

If one takes a step outside the "'Merican view" for a second one can see that now after the poker boom, a NON US winnar, ESP a European winnar, would be significant as Europe/Asia continue as a growth markets for poker and North America is a plateued/mature market already (possibly a declining mkt due to the legislation).

Not to mention Kalmar has a pretty good, non hysterical, friendly personality and would make a good ambassador for the game, ala, Hachem.

I'm sure Hilm, though far more quiet would also make a good ambassador and he has the near PA good looks.

RichGangi
07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
O RLY??? LOLZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in terms of money and publicity it will mean a lot to the winner of this semi-lottery. But I was talking of the deeper meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, then I agree with you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steveinho
07-16-2007, 09:44 AM
just seems like it might be khan's year the way some of the hands have gone... we'll see... kravchenko's been the short stack, though, since like... 20 players were left and it looks like he's doing an amazing job on the bunker... him winning would be an impressive result

soon2b
07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
rainkhan LDO

Fold 4 Value
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just seems like it might be khan's year the way some of the hands have gone... we'll see... kravchenko's been the short stack, though, since like... 20 players were left and it looks like he's doing an amazing job on the bunker... him winning would be an impressive result

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go with Khan also

what up steele?

Ikaros
07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Don't really know any of these players, so I am roting for Khan. That's a cool name.

SuperUberBob
07-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Seeing Kravchenko win would be cool. Hell of a comeback.

sapsuckah
07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Gotta go with Lee Childs 'cause he live like three minutes from me. Never me him tho.

Austiger
07-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Khan has got to feel extremely comfortable now that this is down to effectively an STT. I doubt anyone will outplay him.

pyedog
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm going to cheer for Tuan Lam because he's Canadian.

If not him then I guess RainKhan because he has had an impressive rise from massively mulitabling small stakes SNGs to final tabling the WSOP ME.

Kenny Tran just insulted Lee Watkinson's chances on his pokernews exit video. He said that he's "too tight and only plays his own cards and not his opponent's cards". I thought that was a bit of a cheap shot. Maybe they've got some bad history in the past.

deankeaton7
07-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Hiln, Lam, Childs, watkinson, and Khan. Kravchenko already has a bracelet this year.

clowntable
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing Kravchenko win would be cool. Hell of a comeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

A European would be +ev for all online players though. Well maybe Kahn would be +ev as well because kids now want to start 32 tabling SNGs, who knows /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Matt Savage
07-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Would it make a difference in your opinion if you knew that Lee was a Full Tilt Qualifier and was playing for an extra $10,000,000.

Matt Savage

HavanaBanana
07-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Any of the 3 pokerstars qualifiers win, and there will very likely be a deposit bonus.

ToT

SuperUberBob
07-16-2007, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it make a difference in your opinion if you knew that Lee was a Full Tilt Qualifier and was playing for an extra $10,000,000.

Matt Savage

[/ QUOTE ]

no

olivert
07-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Logo sponsors for the WSOP Main event final table:

FullTiltPoker.net has Kravchenko, Childs, Watkinson, Hilm, and Kalmar.

PokerStars.net has Rahme, Lam, and Khan.

Hilm also has a 2nd logo deal with Corum watches.

Yang is unsponsored as of Monday afternoon.

--

Poker Royalty (Brian Balsbaugh, James Sullivan, et. al.) is Childs' agent.

Hilm and Kravchenko are my clients for the WSOP Main Event ONLY.

ZeTurd
07-16-2007, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly do you do for them? Serious question.

SpaceJanitor
07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
RaiNKhAN FTW obviously!

ImsaKidd
07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Thoughts on which player would be best to win for the "Moneymaker Effect"?

It seems like Khan has the most widespread appeal, he has personality and has grinded up from the lowest limits, probably a sat winner.

Maybe Kalmar as well, dunno much about him other than hes from UK.

RonWR
07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Khan Khan Khan@!

RichGangi
07-16-2007, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kenny Tran just insulted Lee Watkinson's chances on his pokernews exit video. He said that he's "too tight and only plays his own cards and not his opponent's cards". I thought that was a bit of a cheap shot. Maybe they've got some bad history in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's just a fact.

petu
07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kalmer FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ. Yes he is a northern geez, but not a Man U supporter.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] him then

David LoPan
07-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I picked all of them because...well I could.

olivert
07-16-2007, 06:12 PM
The sentimental favorite is Jerry Yang, a hospital clerk living in Temecula, California.

Yang is a member of the Hmong ethnic group in Laos that was persecuted and hunted down by the Communist government in Laos like animals after the "Vietnam war" ended because the Hmong fought with the Americans, which pulled out of the war.

http://www.jefflindsay.com/Hmong_tragedy.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_people

12ressiMorP
07-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't know, I can't tell who's going to get smashed in the face with the deck.

pyedog
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's just a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be a fact but it's still an insult to say that the most accomplished pro left doesn't have a chance to win because he's too tight.

I mean the man has won a bracelet before, now he's got a fair number of chips at the final table. I'm sure he'll have a chance to win and at least play looser in certain spots.

I don't actually know how Lee plays or really care if he wins so I'm not sure why I'm even defending him. But it seemed like a jerk comment for Kenny Tran to make.

Black winter day
07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Kravchenko or Watkinson.
Khan is the distant 3rd.
Don't really care that much after Scotty and Avi Cohen went busto...

Worm1313
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I pray to God Watkinson wins, because if an unknown takes it down, we will have to live with another year of "THIS DONK WON THE MAIN EVENT???".

Whitewash
07-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Based on the little information gathered, and the current chip counts, here's the order of people I'd put money on to win the whole thing (if given the same odds for everyone):

Philip Hilm
Tuan Lam

Lee Watkinson
Hevad Khan
Jon Kalmar
Lee Childs
Alex Kravchenko

Raymond Rahme
Jerry Yang

rowdyclassmate
07-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Hilm and Kalmer for the exacta.

thac
07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Khan, Watkinson, Childs - Trifecta.

olivert
07-17-2007, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly do you do for them? Serious question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got Hilm, Kravchenko, and Yang sponsors on short notice.

Circumstances at the time each of the 3 seeked sponsorship deals made sense for all 3 to go with FullTiltPoker.NET.

Hilm, as the chip leader, also got a deal with Swiss watchmaker Corum as its final table "brand ambassador".

Cat
07-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Scotty obv!! Oh... he's out... then I don't give a [censored]

PS You guys might be understimating 'the old guy' - seems like he's had some good results. But seriously, not one of those guys appeals to me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pokerpun
07-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Lee Childs as he isan Ante - Upper

Kalmer as a Brit winner would spark off a lucrative poker boom over here in UK

sdfsdf
07-17-2007, 08:15 AM
rainkhan or hilm ftw

hielo_uno
07-17-2007, 08:55 AM
rainkhan was pretty lucky when he flopped quad Qs, i guess u need to be lucky to win. but i really like Lam's game. Lee needs more chips to be a threat. so my money is on rain altho he might be crazy.

JohnG
07-18-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad bastard.

JayA
07-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I'll go with Yang.