PDA

View Full Version : Hanson Moved to Feature Table--Random?

Crane
07-14-2007, 03:47 AM
A guy goes busted at the feature table tonight, and guess who they move in. Gus Hanson.

But it's random.

Yea, right.

bennies
07-14-2007, 03:50 AM
For the sake of the danish nation, please call him hansEn. The "son" ending of a name is a swedish attribute...

PokeReader
07-14-2007, 04:07 AM
People are so idiot about this. Table draws are completely random. Reassignments are completely random. However, ESPN has it's choice among all the table about which table it wants to film every day. O.K.?

ericicecream
07-14-2007, 04:23 AM
...and he got dealt K7 in his first hand there. Do you know what the odds were on him getting dealt K7 in the first hand?

So obviously not random.

Crane
07-14-2007, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table draws are completely random. Reassignments are completely random.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please forgive me if I choose to believe this is complete BS.

sketchy1
07-14-2007, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then you're just basically saying you don't believe in the TRUTH because it's COMPLETELY AND 100% [censored] RANDOM.

the floorstaff gets nine table/seat cards. they walk to the table they are breaking. one of the seat cards is for the open seat at the ESPN table.

the floorstaff then asks the dealer for "one shuffle, one cut" and then the dealer deals out 1 card to every player. the high card gets the first seat card on top of the pile.

if you can prove to me how the dealer knowingly had the deck set up to give hansen x card in the deck so that he got x card in the pile of seat cards, then i'll believe your conspiracy theory.

otherwise, you're just a douchebag.

Jeff76
07-14-2007, 05:00 AM
Live poker is rigged, obv.

gdaily
07-14-2007, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For the sake of the danish nation, please call him hansEn. The "son" ending of a name is a swedish attribute...

[/ QUOTE ]

For the sake of the Swedish nation: "son" ending of a name is a USA attribute, with probulary swedish relatives long time back ago... "sson" ending is a Swedish attribute.

krille
07-14-2007, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This world needs less people like you.

Crane
07-14-2007, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This world needs less people like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fewer, not less.

More to you but same of it.

samsdmf
07-14-2007, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then you're just basically saying you don't believe in the TRUTH because it's COMPLETELY AND 100% [censored] RANDOM.

the floorstaff gets nine table/seat cards. they walk to the table they are breaking. one of the seat cards is for the open seat at the ESPN table.

the floorstaff then asks the dealer for "one shuffle, one cut" and then the dealer deals out 1 card to every player. the high card gets the first seat card on top of the pile.

if you can prove to me how the dealer knowingly had the deck set up to give hansen x card in the deck so that he got x card in the pile of seat cards, then i'll believe your conspiracy theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOlolololol PMT much

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
07-14-2007, 07:03 AM
fwiw i dont believe it was random... or at least its doubtful

Rekwob
07-14-2007, 07:07 AM
sketchy is right, people who havent played in the wsop should listen to him

sirtimo
07-14-2007, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgive you. I'll still laugh at you, but I'll forgive you.

nath
07-14-2007, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]seriously, I opened this thread expecting it to be about Bart

Russ M.
07-14-2007, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, I opened this thread expecting it to be about Bart

[/ QUOTE ]

Solitare
07-14-2007, 10:48 AM
At last year's ME I sat at a table catty corner to the one with Joe Seebok in a bear suit and Doyle's daughter. A couple of levels in, when every table in the Amazon room was active, an empty seat opened up at the table next to their table and my table. Who wound up there? Doyle.

This made me question the randomness of table seating.

udbrky
07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
So if you were seated at a table with an opening, and your best friend who was playing was moved to your table, would you argue it was rigged that way?

You can't argue against the randomness without assessing the methodology. No one who has argued the position that it is a setup has addressed the methodology.

Maybe some of the people who have made deep runs in the WSOP could discuss their thoughts on it. We only have what, like 15 bracelet winners, a main event winner, at least one other who made the main event final table, and like 200 bracelete event final tablers on here after this year. So, I dunno where we'll ever find someone who had the experience to shed some light on the matter.

KSOT
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm sure Zeidman and Harmon being seated next to each other the year after the "nice speech" episode was all random too -_-

qwnu
07-14-2007, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, I opened this thread expecting it to be about MMM-Bop

[/ QUOTE ]

nichtsnutz
07-14-2007, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they decide which table to break?

Ditch Digger
07-14-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure Zeidman and Harmon being seated next to each other the year after the "nice speech" episode was all random too -_-

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with Harmon this year. She said she saw Zeidman a few days before this years main event and made sure to ask him what day he was playing so she could sign up for a different starting day.

Pauly3511
07-14-2007, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do us all a favor and go hang yourself.

72off
07-14-2007, 03:05 PM
These are the same people who think online poker is rigged.

Quicksilvre
07-14-2007, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A guy goes busted at the feature table tonight, and guess who they move in. Gus Hanson.

But it's random.

Yea, right.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a bunch of times where the feature table has broken, but there's been a pro or two that ESPN has wanted to keep on stage. They would figure out where the pro was going, and they would bring everyone else up to the pro (and the featured table).

I don't see any reason to believe the shuffling is non-random, since ESPN has been willing to move entire tables to the stage when it's wanted to. If they wanted Hansen so bad, and he wasn't drawn naturally to the feature table, they would've simply moved his whole table up front.

I'd also like to hear from others that made deep runs. When you move so many people around, coincidences are bound to happen, so this isn't to suspicious yet.

fluorescenthippo
07-14-2007, 03:36 PM
how many tables are left like 20? doesnt seem that unlikely he would end up there.

Quicksilvre
07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how many tables are left like 20? doesnt seem that unlikely he would end up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The day ended with (I think) thirteen tables. Hopefully the OP will elaborate on the time.

ciki57
07-14-2007, 04:24 PM
People are born with damaged brain and post retarded threads - Random?

danxxx1
07-14-2007, 04:30 PM
actually there not random all the time...most of the time they are but not always.
From my experience last year on day number 6 there was about 35-40 left and after I doubled up (aipf a-k vs a-j) espn came over and said I was moving to the feature table.
There was no draw our table didnt break and a dealer didnt shuffle any cards.
They just came over and told me to move.

Ditch Digger
07-14-2007, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually there not random all the time...most of the time they are but not always.
From my experience last year on day number 6 there was about 35-40 left and after I doubled up (aipf a-k vs a-j) espn came over and said I was moving to the feature table.
There was no draw our table didnt break and a dealer didnt shuffle any cards.
They just came over and told me to move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you going to be the BB?

danxxx1
07-14-2007, 07:20 PM
no, if i remember correctly i was in 2 off the button