PDA

View Full Version : JJ in SB heads up- every bad card hits

KHALI
01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
I have just come off a shot at a higher game and am licking my wounds at 2/4. I have found that I am too loose(a touch with KQ, AJ type), too loose in blinds(defending) and stealing, and have been overplaying hands way too much,oh yeah and I suck heads up. I got away with it at lower game but when I moved up I had my ass handed to me. I did run badly but I also accept responsibility for at least 60% of loss. Anyways wanted to check out two hands.

2/4

Villian is 23/10/2.6 after 170 hands
Hero is in Hijack with 9s9d

2folds, Mid1 limps(he is loose muppet),folded to hero, Hero raises, CO folds, button 3 bets folded to hero.

Flop Js 8h 3c

Hero bets, villian calls

Turn 6c

Hero bets, villian calls

River 2h

Hero ??

Preflop what do you think of the iso raise here? Standard? After flop which seems decent for my hand would you check raise here or is bet good?
River do you check/call check/fold or bet/fold bet/call

Next hand Villian is 30/2/1.9 after 133 hands

Hero is SB with JcJd

folded to hero, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop Kc Ac 9h

Hero bets, BB calls

Turn Kd

Hero bets, BB calls

River Ks

Hero ?

Bet again and get called by lower pockets? Check call? Is this hand overplayed?

These hands represent a common problem in my play. Have these hands been overplayed or is aggression standard?

caz
01-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Hand 1, the only hand I see villan holding that beats you is 1010. I think he most likely has AK. I think with his stats he would have either raised the turn or flop with a J or better. I say bet/call. Im pretty sure you can bet for value, but what do some of the more experianced posters think about calling a raise?

Hand two, thats a toughy. I have no clue. I check/call, not sure if its right. The flop is crazy draw heavy which is my reasoning.