PDA

View Full Version : 25nl I turn a set w/ a nasty board

bored
07-13-2007, 03:04 AM
BTN is 30/24/4.5
BB is 57/10/4.8

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $25.25
BB: $30.45
Hero (UTG): $71.40
BTN: $26.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($3.10) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.25</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.25</font>, Hero?

PF standard.

I didn't cbet the flop because it is very drawy and I'm in between 2 loose players.

I hit one of my 2 outs on the turn, but that isn't the 6 I wanted to see. I call BB and try to draw to a boat cheaply, but BTN and BB seem to have other ideas.

I was pretty confident with my turn play, but I'd to hear some other opinions.

Should I have bet the flop?

What do you do on the turn after BB bets? Raise/call/fold?

What should I do on the turn as played?

Lego05
07-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Not c-betting flops looks good to me.

I might raise turn...I'm not sure, I probably do actually.

As played though I think I can find a fold here....one of them must have a flush and button could easily shove on us if we call to try to boat up.

sluggger5x
07-13-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm saying call. You did well simply calling on the turn. It looks like your getting 6 into a 24 if you and btn call, but your in big trouble if he pushes you have about 10 clean outs, and excellent pot odds should you hit on the river.

iwa
07-13-2007, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not c-betting flops looks good to me.

I might raise turn...I'm not sure, I probably do actually.

As played though I think I can find a fold here....one of them must have a flush and button could easily shove on us if we call to try to boat up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I like the no flop c bet a lot on this board. I'm raising up the turn though.