PDA

View Full Version : nl10 - stupid move?

DaycareInferno
07-12-2007, 11:22 PM
button is 40/9/2.5

before this hand i had a pretty big run of cards while in the blinds on previous rounds. i had raised villain's limps and 3bet his raises on a ton of hands the last few orbits. i was pretty sure he was getting tired of me, not that he was going to stop limping with crap on the button or anything.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $12.10
BB: $8.80
UTG: $9.95
MP: $12.45
CO: $2.00
BTN: $14.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.10) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)

previously, i had followed up all of my raises with cbets, but clearly this is a pretty bad spot for that, especially considering the circumstances. i almost check/folded, because i certainly can't call down oop on this board with my hand. then i got the bright idea to cr. i figured that with a pfr of 9, if he made a pair here, it won't be strong. he would have raised on the button with most hands that would make him something big here, and i am reasonably certain that he will bet into me with air as agressive as i have been.

Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.40</font>

soooo, stupid? i'm a bit undecided.

mertzo
07-12-2007, 11:26 PM
c/f is good here unless he bets small. then you might call, dont ever bluff. He will call with alot and you are not representing any legit hand.

DaycareInferno
07-12-2007, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
c/f is good here unless he bets small. then you might call, dont ever bluff. He will call with alot and you are not representing any legit hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't give him much credit for being able to piece together the nonsense factor of my a cr. i really have no idea if he would have folded something like a K5 though.

wulfpacker21
07-13-2007, 12:15 AM
c/f easy decision what do you beat ... not anything thats calling a pf raise

mertzo
07-13-2007, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

op is probably ahead alot, but villain wont fold to a bet enough to make a bet EV+ (or more EV+ than a check.)

DaycareInferno
07-13-2007, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it doesn't really matter what i beat, because i'm not going to be showing my hand down, other than in the rare circumstance that i get called and a non heart T comes on the turn. i would have contemplated this move with atc though, just based on what i know about villain. its clearly a terrible move without any information.

what i know:

1. villain limps with a ton of hands. he's seeing over 40% of flops, and a lot more than that on the button. he's been playing every hand folded to him on the button, and mostly limping in.

2. i have been super agressive in all of these hands to this point, raising and betting every time i had the chance to.

3. i won all the previous hands without going to showdown, so i definately wouldn't classify villain as a station.

4. if i check on the flop, given my previous agression, i am reasonably certain that villain will take a stab at the pot with anything.

if villain is limping in with anything between 20th and 60th percentile hands, how often will he call my cr, given the fact that i checked, and then raised, which is something very out of character compared to what i have been doing up to this point?

i feel like it was probably a bad play too, but i don't think that its an open and shut case.

mertzo
07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Your overthinking it, if you have been aggresive it means you have to tighten up since you will get called down thin

Capone
07-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah I'd c/f here as well.

No legit hand would c/f the flop like taht when you bluff you have to think about what hand you can be repping.

DaycareInferno
07-13-2007, 01:13 AM
why should i care so much what i'm repping against a donk? its not like he's going to sit there and reason out that if i had this or that, i'd be firing out to try and protect my hand.

Capone
07-13-2007, 01:14 AM
your raise just does not make sense and isnt well timed.

DaycareInferno
07-13-2007, 01:40 AM
i know it doesn't make much sense, but even if he calls me with every single hand in his estimated limping range that is ahead of me, and every single heart draw within that range, i still come out ahead, because the range is so weak. in order for me to respect that kind of range, i have to give this guy credit for being able to make a move with terrible hands here. its possible that he might, but i'm not sure how possible.