PDA

View Full Version : easyish pf Q

Guruman
07-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.75
UTG+1: $11.45
CO: $4.05
Guruman: $53.20
SB: $14.75
BB: $37.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) Guruman is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $4.05</font>, Guruman folds, 4 folds.
Uncalled bets: $3.8 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $1.1

questions:

1)is this standard?
2)under what circumstances shoulod I push? In this case the pfr's stack is pretty small here and therefore his range should be pretty wide, but I don't want to take the chance of one of the deeper stacks behind me waking up with a hand.
3)under what circumstances should I call? If my stack were down to 1.5 to 2x the size of the initial raise I think i have to call, but are there any other reads, thresholds, situations I'm not thinking of?

thx.

bored
07-12-2007, 11:22 PM
1) Yes
2) I never push this in a cash game unless I have like $9 behind, which I pretty much never do.
3) I never call; I'd only call if the players to act behind had similiar short stacks, but then I wouldn't bet at the table.

Unless you are in a tournament or playing shortstacked/at a table where everyone left to act is shortstacked, I never call or raise this.

HighSteaks
07-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I never play that under any conditions there either. Probably the biggest point here IMO is to leave this table. No point being there at Stars or FTP- one or two with $15 and the rest full is my minimum pretty much unless the reason they are short is that you have worked them over and now know them /images/graemlins/smile.gif

whyherro
07-13-2007, 12:08 AM
just guess a range and find your hands EV, taking into account the dead money in the pot. its really very simple.

wulfpacker21
07-13-2007, 12:13 AM
your thinking more tourney play than cash game... just save the $4