PDA

View Full Version : daniel Negreanu horrible call

omaha hi lo king
07-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I am amazed at the love for this guy. Last night i saw him get eliminated with one of his typical horrific calls. MESSAGE TO DANIEL YOU ARE THE DECENT PLAYER AT THE TABLE. For those of you who do not know what exactly happened at the end of his poker wsop main event. he is holding 10 8 and the flop comes 678. He ends up all in with 8 10 and his opponent has a set of 8's. Now is he serious. Wait he knew what the guy had and just felt like calling. Can he please stop the [censored] talking? HE is just not a top pro? He has one great year where he sucked out at evry final table. and now variance is playing its part. Look at 2006 wsop he lost the 350,000 chips within half a day. went from top 5 to out in a half a day. He is not a good player. And I am tired of hearing him say i know he has aces but i will call anyway and try to suck out.

ClassicBob
07-12-2007, 10:51 PM
FILM AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Synergistic Explosions
07-12-2007, 10:52 PM
He became addicted to golf and it's ruining his poker life.

07-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I am prety sire DN never got to 350,00 chips last year. I think he got to about 250k at most.

Why the hate bro? DN is a very good player don't knock him wow he made a call that was wrong. Big Deal. He's also made severl sick calls and this hand I think DN pushed on him.

So shut the [censored] up

NickMPK
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Someone should add "DN sucks" to the FAQ so we don't have to endure these posts every couple days.

TheFilmGeek
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
DN exiting was pretty amusing.

DN busts, literally starts walking straight out of the Amazon room, gets about 50 feet away, and they have to yell at him to drag him back to do an exit interview.

He gives it, tries to leave, and a couple up in the arena area stop him to give condolences and ask for an autograph. He thinks for a second but then says okay. Gives it, tries to bolt AGAIN, and then they stop him because he hasn't even taken his microphone off yet.

Then he was out of the room in a shot.

ibluffoldladies
07-12-2007, 11:20 PM
How many poker players consistently have years like Daniel has had? Variance? Variance hits everybody. He's an amazing player.

shdw01
07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
He must've watched Rocky V last night

CrazyEyez
07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Mods:
I mis-clicked the notify mods button. Please disregard.

Carry on with the DN bashing and so forth.

omaha hi lo king
07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am prety sire DN never got to 350,00 chips last year. I think he got to about 250k at most.

Why the hate bro? DN is a very good player don't knock him wow he made a call that was wrong. Big Deal. He's also made severl sick calls and this hand I think DN pushed on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong he called which makes it worse

Artie746
07-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Heard he had 108 with a flush draw on the 678 flop. Top pair + flush draw + high gutshot

MCS
07-12-2007, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is not a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought he was pretty good, but I guess you're the authority. Good post.

FireStorm
07-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Daniel is obviously an amazing player, and I doubt one hand is indicative of what he's capable of. However, the televised act of constant 17-year-old-Italian-girl like chatter and the naming of 6 possible holdings his opponent "has" to have, is starting to wear a bit thin. Also, it should be noted that for someone as good as he is, he's constantly the caller in pots with either the worst hand on the turn/at showdown, or barely playable starting holdings.

thedarknight
07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
it makes things difficult when you're playing 50% of all hands. not sure what his strategy was, I guess all the players were horrible and he's the best.

MJC1977
07-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Ignoring the call, which since I wasn't there I can't comment on, I'd have to say 2 WSOP final tables, and 2 WPT Final Tables, as well as a PAD win qualifies as a GREAT YEAR for most people.

You can rip individual plays for sure, but you can't rip the long term results.

Syntec87
07-13-2007, 04:18 AM
wow seriously ripping on this call = DN is a luckbox...?

what a joke, not even commenting on him in general, just think its attrocious to decide based on this play that he is aweful... and POY isn't just positive variance btw.

BenTurpen
07-13-2007, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel topped 300k last year.

CopTHIS
07-13-2007, 04:36 AM
It sounds like OP knows an awful lot about poker. I recommend coaching.

greggg230
07-13-2007, 04:49 AM
calling with an overcard, top pair, and a straight draw is so bad when you're short-stacked.

imabigdeal
07-13-2007, 06:27 AM
ban

TimWakefield
07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Um he has 2 final tables this WSOP.

el bago crapo
07-13-2007, 07:15 AM
and i'm sure you've never made a bad call. try making this post after you capture a couple POY's.

antipeon
07-13-2007, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh and who exactly are you and what is your record? What is the meaning of this thread? Pathetic.

Khabbi
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
T8o is Daniel's favorite hand, he had to call.

All joking aside, I'm sure there was more to DN's call than just what you read. He puts a lot of faith in his reading ability. Most of the time it makes him look like a genius but some times like this it makes him look like a total fish.

Given his long-term results of making millions of dollars playing poker. It's a pretty hard to argue that he isn't a great player. Granted, taking isolated bad calls as the sole basis for your argument, it's also tough to argue that he is good. I guess we just won't agree.

Warteen
07-13-2007, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FILM AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what's up with this? They keep popping up... I don't understand.

Also, Daniel Negreanu is (along with Ivey) my poker hero. So you just SHUT YOUR MOUTH, OP. JUST SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTH.

ericicecream
07-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Why all the hate on DN for this?

Sometimes poker players are wrong on their reads. Nobody can get around this, even the best players. Those that are right more often and follow their instincts like DN, have good results. Hard to argue too much with success.

FireStorm
07-13-2007, 07:39 PM
As stated above it's obviously silly to hate on one player for the results of one single hand, and we don't have all the information involved. He's a great player and losing here with a gutshot and top pair 8's doesn't change that. However, a fair point to be taken from the thread is what I said already, that Daniel N. plays seems to play too many hands and is involved in marginal spots pretty often.

doublejoker
07-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Did you see the horrible clls he made vs the amateur player at the Five Diamond WPT final table a few weeks aago on the Travel Channel?

omaha hi lo king
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Then how about this and I quote daniel here. I knew the guy had Aces but when i hit top pair i thought i would just call and try to suck out. YEs the guy has aces but he called after the flop and the turn. I mean he puts the guy on aces but calls anyway. nicely played

EdmVan
07-13-2007, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then how about this and I quote daniel here. I knew the guy had Aces but when i hit top pair i thought i would just call and try to suck out. YEs the guy has aces but he called after the flop and the turn. I mean he puts the guy on aces but calls anyway. nicely played

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup he can do that when he made 2 final tables in this year's WSOP and WPT in his "bad variance" year.

grdred944
07-16-2007, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP is close to being on-target about DN. The reason there is the so-called hate is because Danny's MO is to be this guy who can read anyone at anytime and call out their hand. When he is dead-on he enjoys the adulation of his minions on FCP. When he is wrong he habitually corrects himself by restating what hand he thought the player was on and if it is in his favor he says, "I knew it." When not in his favor he says, "I knew you had that but I need help."

Yes, he is a top pro, yes some of his biggest cashes were greatly assisted by sick suckouts and yes, his act gets old. His play over the past two years has been better than most people here but for what he is capable of, it has been pretty sucky.

grdred944
07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... as well as a PAD win qualifies as a GREAT YEAR for most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but a PAD win is pretty f'ing funny.

I always tell this board that 95% of the people here could never win anything significant (myself included) but I would say about 50% of us could take down a "PAD win."

JooWish622
07-16-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am amazed at the love for this guy. Last night i saw him get eliminated with one of his typical horrific calls. MESSAGE TO DANIEL YOU ARE THE DECENT PLAYER AT THE TABLE. For those of you who do not know what exactly happened at the end of his poker wsop main event. he is holding 10 8 and the flop comes 678. He ends up all in with 8 10 and his opponent has a set of 8's. Now is he serious. Wait he knew what the guy had and just felt like calling. Can he please stop the [censored] talking? HE is just not a top pro? He has one great year where he sucked out at evry final table. and now variance is playing its part. Look at 2006 wsop he lost the 350,000 chips within half a day. went from top 5 to out in a half a day. He is not a good player. And I am tired of hearing him say i know he has aces but i will call anyway and try to suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

given the number of posts this guy has made, I can be sure we're not being leveled here... which is unfortunate.

clowntable
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he's a horrible players since he's been in the big game for a while now.