PDA

View Full Version : Watch this pls kthxbye

EMc
07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Aba has posted a free CR video of 50nl, and I think there is a lot of great advice here. Well use this thread to discuss the video etc, and maybe we can get one of hte CR guys to stop by to talk about it. So please, watch this video, and comment here.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/26530?channel_id=2

Xanta
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
On it like a fiend.

TheRenaissance
07-12-2007, 06:41 PM
This is great!
Only problem is that the video is tiny and I have no way of seeing stack sizes or anything at all really. Fix? Am I the only one?

Antinome
07-12-2007, 06:50 PM
flash doesn't work on x64 Linux. Is it really worth booting up a windows box?

TheRenaissance
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
nerd

Jan S.
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Only problem is that the video is tiny and I have no way of seeing stack sizes or anything at all really. Fix? Am I the only one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem here :/ Video size is way too small.

bsheck
07-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I found the source code for the video. Does anyone know what you enter for the URL so you can play it in VLC player? I've tried flash/c/CR_Townsend2.flv, http://flash/c/CR_Townsend2.flv, http://www.cardplayer.com/flash/c/CR_Townsend2.flv and http://cardplayer.com/tv/flash/c/CR_Townsend2.flv and none of them work.

Gelford
07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
2mb in brew to the rescue:

[ QUOTE ]
I figured out the direct link to the video is media.cardplayer.com/flash/c/CR_Townsend2.flv

C/p this in your browser, save and open it with FLV Player (http://www.download.com/3000-2139_4-10505954.html), resize the window and you can see the cards too /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jan S.
07-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Try http://media.cardplayer.com/flash/c/CR_Townsend2.flv

bsheck
07-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Ah thanks.

spivey
07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Video was meh. Isolate the limpers. Play agressive.

Stop the presses. Waken the town cryer.

bsheck
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Works with FLV player if you download the file first. For some reason VLC just gives audio. Not my favorite of players, but I'll take it. Thanks again.

Gelford
07-12-2007, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Works with FLV player if you download the file first. For some reason VLC just gives audio. Not my favorite of players, but I'll take it. Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

VLC works fine here ?

Jan S.
07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
VLC works fine here as well, if you maximize the video it's very watchable.

Don't expect any shocking revelations though.

Antinome
07-12-2007, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nerd

[/ QUOTE ]

so true.... sob. works good in mplayer with win32 codecs.

bsheck
07-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Must be a problem with my codecs then.

jonyy6788
07-12-2007, 08:03 PM
wow there's gonna be a lot of 2+2'ers spewing after this /images/graemlins/smile.gif

free moniez from TAGs now too!

creamfillin
07-12-2007, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flash doesn't work on x64 Linux. Is it really worth booting up a windows box?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loc: Boston

jessyj07
07-12-2007, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow there's gonna be a lot of 2+2'ers spewing after this /images/graemlins/smile.gif

free moniez from TAGs now too!

[/ QUOTE ]i feel the same way after watching this. also alot of "i saw aba do this so I did it and now I don't know what to do on the flop/turn so it's uber standard".

i dont know wtf brian was doing reraising 9Ts from somebody who hadn't put in a raise preflop and not bet postflop since he got the video going and raised out of the small blind indicating strength.

HighSteaks
07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Like getting Tom Cruise to star in a low budget film, just doesn't work- they should leave it to the low limit guys that make vid's there(FruityPro, BDOG etc).

bsheck
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah. High Stakes players need to realize that at NL $50, players usually have what they represent.

PleasureGuy69
07-12-2007, 11:21 PM
When he talks about raising/reraising PF, flop and turn, does this really apply to 50NL?

By raising/reraising hands with good show down value, won't you only fold out worse hands, and get played back by better hands? I think that in 50NL, inducing bluffs while holding hands with good show down value >>>>> than raising/reraising these hands.

Am I wrong?

derosnec
07-13-2007, 12:18 AM
so, he plays LAG at the micros and loses. shocking.

drsmooth
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Didn't he come up through these ranks though?

Won't everyone know who he is? Like you see sbrugby playing at your micro table aren't people gonna be gunning for him?

Re-raising the river with A6 and re-raising OOP with 109 would see me busto pretty quick. He said he was raising for value with the A6 and the guy folded but isn't the only thing calling a better hand?

I liked the raising limpers concept and isolating re-raisers.

LordBrun
07-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Looks like Brian didn't really apply himself for this video.
Like someone mentioned before, the T9 raise is just insane.

LordBrun
07-13-2007, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Won't everyone know who he is? Like you see sbrugby playing at your micro table aren't people gonna be gunning for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid point, even if Mr. Rugby played a more solid game we would probably see some unusual play from his opponents.

[ QUOTE ]

I liked the raising limpers concept and isolating re-raisers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. About the only thing i liked though.

No disrespect to Brian, but this seemed a bit rushed.

BevillTheDevil
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
~5:00 QT - pf seems standard but do you guess really c/c down w/ this. I mean i see the hand has SD value but i dont think most 50NL villians are goin to bet all three streets here w/ like a mid PP?? Maybe i suck at playin mid pairs but id usually cbet this flop and be happy to take it down there. Maybe a c/c flop and b/f turn??? i just dont like c/c all 3 streets

~7:15 Q9s i think in the BB or SB w/ 2 limpers, so yea i like the idea of charging limpers or isolating. But w/ 2 limpers not so much...i think we go to the flop multihanded alot here OOP which obv sucks. If just 1 limper, meh I probably still wouldnt raise it.

~14:40 9Ts - yea i dont recall that guy really doing anything in the vid and if the guy is tight the pfr from SB is probably a strong hand id probably just muck it pf. If it folded around to him and he raises then i dont mind a 3bet as much.

~16:00 AQo - pf seems standard but post Im kinda 50/50 on cbet. Like aba says 1 of the guys is probably drawing and we all know 50NL dont fold there draws so thats why i lean toward a check, plus w/ the K out there multihanded its likely 1 of the pf callers has Kx. But also we do have outs ourself and obv still have some FE so cbet is ok.

Overall not a bad video IMO, wish he had gotten in tougher spots though and only 17mins suck but its free cant complain.

For the guys that think this style of play is spew...I agree it is for the AVG uNL player.

aba20
07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I didn't realize how small it would be on cardplayer TV so in the future I will only single table in these videos. The A6s river raise is defn agressive but not completey crazy imo. It appeared to me that I had the best hand and he was trying a blocking bet for a cheap showdown. I can't find the 9Ts hand can someone give me a time on that.

Gelford
07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
- I said it once about half year ago in the PLO forum, but I'll gladly say it again.

You're a class act aba /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaycareInferno
07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
not bad, but i already learned everything i need to know from professor_77.

BevillTheDevil
07-13-2007, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize how small it would be on cardplayer TV so in the future I will only single table in these videos. The A6s river raise is defn agressive but not completey crazy imo. It appeared to me that I had the best hand and he was trying a blocking bet for a cheap showdown. I can't find the 9Ts hand can someone give me a time on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 9Ts is around 14ish mins.

The Axs river raise is kinda close IMO. Both our line and villian's line look real weak so i think villian is def bettin the river w/ a really wide range but w/ his line and 2 overs hittin turn/river it really looks like he has a small/mid PP, 7x, 8x hand or a draw which i dunno is callin a river raise given the turn and river cards. But then again we are ahead of that range and its possible villian will still call but i might just minraise FWIW. I think the avg donk 50NLer can't talk themselves out of foldin to a minraise on the river w/ almost any pair. The larger raise I see them foldin alot (though the raise aba made wasnt large anways).

aba20
07-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I think reraising 9Ts when the small blind opens and the cutoff posts is agressive but as insane as everyone seems to think. My hand plays great post flop and the small blind should be opening a huge range with the CO posting and just me to act. I would be reraising with a hand like 9Ts about 90% of the time in a spot like this one.

LordBrun
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think reraising 9Ts when the small blind opens and the cutoff posts is agressive but as insane as everyone seems to think. My hand plays great post flop and the small blind should be opening a huge range with the CO posting and just me to act. I would be reraising with a hand like 9Ts about 90% of the time in a spot like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think this is a sure way to go broke playing uNL. Villain seems like a tight player. The average player at NL50 is not going to fool around a lot in this spot. Why not call and try to win a big pot when you hit a straight, a flush or two pair. A lot of uNLers would be willing play for stacks with their premium pair here. Especially since you've established a super-aggressive image.

LordBrun
07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Excuse me if I come of as ignorant. Im merely beginning to grasp what this game is all about. You say you would raise T9s in this spot 90% of the time. At these stakes I think you will find yourself folding to a 4-bet a fair amount of the time in this spot.

chris216
07-13-2007, 07:15 PM
"If he has a king, more power to him. Oh he had a lot of kings" LOL the guy basically had the nuts. I mean his bets were really small, but I think calling down was quite stubborn :-)
At around 14min into the hand, right before the T9s hand, you say you might call if you had a higher pocket pair than just 55. What hand would you need to call with? JJ+?

How do you typically react when someone donkbets into you? At 1:20 some guy leads into you and you assume he probably doesn't have a monster, so you raise. In the very last hand you just fold. Where is the difference? The first one is as dry as it gets and the second one has a flush draw. Is that the reason? Personally, I only raise donkbets on the flop when the flop is semidry, like KTx J8x or something, because on a flop like KTx a lot of players at these limits like to test the waters and bet to see if their pair of tens with no kicker is good or not. Whereas on a very dry flop, like the one at 1:20 you basically rely on him to fold a queen because he figures he might be outkicked or you might have an overpair.
Any comments on my thinking?

Gelford
07-13-2007, 07:19 PM
fwiw, I'm no aba, but I'm raising T9s all day in this spot too ...

aba20
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I asked another high stakes player about the 9Ts hand and he said that he calls with 55/9Ts and reraises junkier hands that he doesn't mind folding to a shove (T5s etc.). He felt in this situation the small blind was hardly ever calling, but rather almost always reraising or folding. I still think my play is fine but I can see the argument for calling.

Gelford
07-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I am not aware of stacksizes in the T9s hand, but I just assumed 100bb stacks.

Do you mind folding if SB pots it or folds with T9s ???

I assume raising here is for 1. Aggression, winning it pf a good percentage of the time and 2. Protection, having a percentage of semi-air in your range to induce action on hand that you are willing to felt ?

TheRenaissance
07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll be the aba fanboi and say that I didnt really see anything strange in that video at all.

BevillTheDevil
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me if I come of as ignorant. Im merely beginning to grasp what this game is all about. You say you would raise T9s in this spot 90% of the time. At these stakes I think you will find yourself folding to a 4-bet a fair amount of the time in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but noone ever 4bets pf at the micros w/o the goods soo its easy to get away w/. If villian is decent he is probably just tryin to steal and will fold to the 3bet most of the time, esp much more often than 4bet and if he/she calls then we have position.

mrjetguy
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
As aba admits at the start of the video he normally doesn't make videos for/play this limit. I think a lot of his plays just don't work well at this limit. Aba is sweet at poker, but it's kind of hard to go from playing high stakes to micros on a whim (or so I've heard).

ybother
07-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Brian any chance this can hosted on the cr site (for larger viewing) for free like the current teaser video?

longlags
07-22-2007, 09:23 AM
I've seen some CR videos, and I havnt seen one of the ins improve his stack, even by small.

they are all a great players, but I think something is lack in this movies.

Maliant
07-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Good video.

gradx
07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Dunno if anyone noticed but when Townsend reloaded it showed his FTP bankroll around 1.3M which is how much he reportedly lost a few weeks ago.

I prefer cc w/9Ts to play for a bi

iplayscared
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dunno if anyone noticed but when Townsend reloaded it showed his FTP bankroll around 1.3M which is how much he reportedly lost a few weeks ago.

I prefer cc w/9Ts to play for a bi

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations...