PDA

View Full Version : Top set line check

amoroff
07-12-2007, 12:32 PM
.25/.50 6 handed, PS
Hero in the cutoff with ~50 and dealt 8d8h
Villain 1 on the button ~50, have seen him play big draws aggressively before
Villain 2 in MP2 ~17, maybe tilting from getting sucked out on a few hands before

Preflop
Villain 2 raises to 1.50, Hero raises to 5, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 calls.

Flop 8c,7c,6h
Villain 2 bets 2, Hero raises to 10, Villain 1 min-raises to 18, Villain 2 calls all in, hero ???

Results following some responses.

Is anyone folding at this point? Do we like the bet sizing?

Capone
07-12-2007, 12:34 PM
This board is very draw heavy, villian 2 is short stacked, so I don't give him much credit for the straight here. Villian 1 just min raised which is kind of scary. I just push behind here though.

Heine
07-12-2007, 12:35 PM
No folding. Yes, i like the bet sizing.

Xanta
07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
It's a 3bet pot, they are going to have straights once in a blue moon. You should be doing a little jig in front of your computer before mashing the call button repeatedly.

Capone
07-12-2007, 12:42 PM
lol

Peter Harris
07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a 3bet pot, they are going to have straights once in a blue moon. You should be doing a little jig in front of your computer before mashing the call button repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

with full tilt's resource draining on my computer even the time taken to do a little jig makes me time out sometimes.

Hence, i mash the call button repeatedly, hope it hasn't frozen, then jig.

spoons4cash
07-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Villain 2 probably does not have a straight, though he could easily have 66 or 99 for a openended draw. You can't really fold, because most players wouldn't call a reraise preflop with 10 9. At first I didn't like the reraise to $5 preflop, but I think it was okay and can help you narrow down the villains' possible hands. I think the betting is fine, and a push is appropriate.

IronOsprey
07-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Why would you call here? Villain 1 still has like half a stack and position and the turn card could be ugly.

amoroff
07-12-2007, 01:27 PM
That was my thought process. I just shoved, got insta-called, and villain 2 showed his 910 sooted. I never improved...

Warteen
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was my thought process. I just shoved, got insta-called, and villain 2 showed his 910 sooted. I never improved...

[/ QUOTE ]

So didn't you win most of the pot off Villain 1?

Flop action looks standard, but I don't advocate 3-betting with 88. You're pretty much playing a hand like that exclusively for set value (unless you feel comfortable putting a lot of money in with such a weak overpair), so you'll want to see a flop as cheaply as possible if your opponent is already showing aggression. I guess it's borderline (I probably would 3-bet with 99 and definitely with TT), but that's my $0.02.

amoroff
07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
It was actually villain 2, the guy that had me covered who had the 910. Sorry about that. As to the preflop 3bet, the other two involved in the hand had been 3betting pretty often, so I tried to slow them down, and didn't mind throwing in the extra few bucks to get rid of hands like..910 suited. It didn't work.

Fiksdal
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with full tilt's resource draining on my computer even the time taken to do a little jig makes me time out sometimes.

Hence, i mash the call button repeatedly, hope it hasn't frozen, then jig.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly this is the optimal line here.