PDA

View Full Version : Flopped monster. Bad river.

corsakh
07-12-2007, 04:46 AM
50NL FTP
100BB

Villain is a 17/14/3 regular, probably a 2+2.

Hero with 77o in SB.

Someone limps, Villain raises pot in CO, button folds, Hero calls, rest folds.

Pot $4.5 or so. Flop 7TTr.

At this point I somehow forget that I am the caller, not the raisor, and lead for $3 instead of my usual $4 here. Villain calls.

Pot $9.5. Turn J.
Hero bets $7, Villain calls.

Pot $22. River J.
Hero ???

I dont see any value in betting here myself. I also dont see how a thinking player can possibly have a ten here. To me villains hand looks like an overpair, 89 should raise the turn.

Hero checks, Villain bets $12, Hero ???

thac
07-12-2007, 04:53 AM
Just fold, sometimes call if villain makes [censored] bets on rivers, but mostly fold.

Sweir
07-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Villain can't be vb'ing worse on the river and I don't see how he can have a bluff so just fold.

Genz
07-12-2007, 05:27 AM
It's pretty weird that he is calling all the way to the river anyway and he is letting you bet his hand for him. I can easily think of T9, JT, QT, KT, AT (mostly suited) here that wants to let you keep him bluffing. Why should he raise on a pretty dry board like this and he probably has you tagged as being very aggressive too so he knows that you could be betting all kinds of pairs here.
Check/fold is correct, imo.

corsakh
07-12-2007, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty weird that he is calling all the way to the river anyway and he is letting you bet his hand for him. I can easily think of T9, JT, QT, KT, AT (mostly suited) here that wants to let you keep him bluffing. Why should he raise on a pretty dry board like this and he probably has you tagged as being very aggressive too so he knows that you could be betting all kinds of pairs here.
Check/fold is correct, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then whats the bet for on the river? He thinks I am calling with 88, trying to fold JJ out or wants to pay some rake? I am confused /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Or is it like "Oh I have a boat might as well bet" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cooker3
07-12-2007, 05:50 AM
I can find a call here. I can't see a ten or a jack either.
I think he can have ak, oddly played overpair or something funky enough to justify it.

Genz
07-12-2007, 05:51 AM
Oh snap! I didn't see the last line. I stopped at Hero ???

And I think he has a T, doesn't think that you runner runnered him and bets his boat for value which is a higher boat than yours.

Fiksdal
07-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I agree. This could be him trying to thinly value bet Tx that he innitially wanted to let you keep betting into it.

thac
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can find a call here. I can't see a ten or a jack either.
I think he can have ak, oddly played overpair or something funky enough to justify it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think he has AK/overpair and bets it here?

Warteen
07-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Villain is most likely holding a high T here. He didn't need to raise previous streets because he figured he had you dominated (with your lower T or air). C/f here looks good. Bad beat. )-: